LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fall food plot

5/4/21 @ 10:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
USER SINCE 12/19/11

Just looking to talk some food plot ideas - What do you guys have the best luck with for a late season plot? Do you do anything special for fall plot preps? How about some pictures of bucks taken off kill plots? 137 days till archery opener... 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 70 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/15/21 @ 10:48 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER SINCE 8/12/02

Mature does are bred first, produce  first fawns . They are sexually mature in secondary rut . I have seen a pair playing the game on New years day  . Produce single ,late fawns . Not many survive the first winter . 

Back to food plots.  Today I tossed an apple core on my lawn after driving up . After fish fry there were two does on the spot . Not more than 30 few from house with the yard light on .

10/15/21 @ 7:19 PM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

I’ve heard some does are bred in late January/early February and here’s proof. Probably end up being wolf lunch. 

9/21/21 @ 10:03 PM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

I don’t think it has any wildlife value.  From what I’ve researched, it’s toxic and a pain in the butt to get rid of. I wonder if it was in the evolved harvest mix. Pretty sure it’s native to the southeast U.S. but not sure about the Midwest. 

9/21/21 @ 11:21 AM
zeplure
zeplure
MEMBER SINCE 2/11/02

Do Deer eat it?

9/20/21 @ 8:43 PM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

Zeplure;

Devils tomato. Also called Bull nettle I believe. 

9/20/21 @ 11:43 AM
zeplure
zeplure
MEMBER SINCE 2/11/02

Does anyone know what this plant is? It is only where I seeded a small patch in a larger plot. I used Evolved Harvest.

9/11/21 @ 9:06 AM
sloshkosh
sloshkosh
USER SINCE 3/30/04

Outfishn I got the same results with brassica.    Thought I would have less than perfect germ rste and got 2 inches of rain on a spray and no til application.   

Junkie my brassicas were yellow 3 weeks in and i fire 25 lbs of 19/19/19 on them and now they are glow in the dark green.    

Also a tiny oats peas wheat rye plot.   2 weeks old.  

9/10/21 @ 6:33 PM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

1 acre 1st year plot of brassicas, oats, rye, red clover and a few peas. Got the brassicas way to heavy on this one and although nice and green, stunted and probably not going to produce much for bulbs. 

9/10/21 @ 6:13 PM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

Couple updated pics. 1st year 1/4 acre brassica plot doing pretty good although it’s planted to heavy. Wish I would’ve planted a little lighter and 2 weeks earlier. Deer are starting to nip at the greens so I just spread milorganite to hold them off for a bit. See how it works.

9/9/21 @ 7:01 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
USER SINCE 12/19/11
My winter rye 6 days from planting, weather has cooperated well with rain a times over the past week. 

Starting to get some nice bulbing on my brassica plot too! Exciting to see but I am getting a little yellowing/spotting on the leaves in some areas. Not sure if its a nutrient thing or maybe too much water this past week. I know it happens in my garden with radishes too and they still bulb out fine, but I feel like the deer aren't going to graze on it as much. I guess we'll see. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 70 POSTS
Advertise here
With MEGA 360 Imaging, we didn’t reinvent the wheel. We redefined it, bringing the unmatched coverage of our 360 Imaging technology into the megahertz range for next-level detail. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging
The Bio-Minnow Vertical Jig is the first vertical jigging bait with a metal tail for increased durability and fine-tuning. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - FishLab Bio-Minnow Vertical Jig
Reinvented with SCIII carbon, IPC mandrel technology and custom Winn split-grip handles. Mojo Musky features 14 models including 3 telescopic rods for easier storage. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Mojo Musky
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.