I had one 5 inch diameter limb that has blocked a portion of my shooting lane for a few years now. It was too high up to reach with the trusty pole saw.The limb was coming off an ancient white pine. I was thinking of dragging the step ladder out there and reaching up with the pole saw, from there,  but I am not sure that would have been enough. I also was not sure I wanted to get up on a step ladder and fight with pole saw since the ground is uneven and soft down there. Plan "B" was to tie a hammer to a rope and toss it over and try and snap it. 

After thinking about it for a while I stumbled onto the solution. The good ole Browning shotgun ! After wading through the muddy slough that sucked off one my Muck knee highs, I got positioned under it and in 2 shots the limb was gone! It was so easy that I knocked off a few more that were close and would have been a problem sooner or later.

Just thought I would pass this on. It was so easy that I felt kind of dumb for not doing it sooner. Stay safe out there. Next thing you know it will be time to dig out the hunting gear. Mrt.