MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Bunny Hunting Catch/Clean/Cook/Eat

2/19/20 @ 1:13 PM
INITIAL POST
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

Who doesn't love a good bunny hunt followed by good eats!

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
1/3/22 @ 12:08 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

Went out with the boys on New Year's Day for about an hour and a half.  One of my cousins added to the challenge by carrying his 22 and another with his 410.  I like busting brush so I just jumped on piles and was able to kick out a few.  Great fun was had by all.

Bunny Hunting Catch/Clean/Cook/Eat photo by mystery fish-n-sea
12/14/21 @ 1:31 PM
JimnBecky
User since 11/29/13

thanks! great informational!

9/18/20 @ 9:34 AM
crankbait
crankbait
User since 6/20/01

I want to get into some rabbit hunting when time permits.  Thanks for the informative video on how to easily clean em.

9/16/20 @ 7:52 AM
WindLaker1
User since 7/3/08

That was how we hunted all thru High School.  Good times.

Left the house before sunrise with bows, a quiver full of arrows (from Warrior Archery, for those that grew up in the Milwaukee area), and a couple sticks of butter.

We'd eat what we shot in the morning for lunch, and bring home what we shot in the afternoon.  Mostly rabbit, with an occasional pheasant. 

7/10/20 @ 6:52 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Good show my friend, reminded me of a kid growing up in Janesville.

We used to ride our dirt bikes into the woods, and find a place to camp, with a tent on our back.

I remember doing the exact same thing, we complemented our  rabbit with a sleeve of saltines, and a can of baked beans that we cooked over the campfire.

Definitely a good memory, thanks for the video.

4/14/20 @ 7:59 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

It used to be the way hunters got started at a young age by rabbit and squirrel hunting, not so much anymore. 

Rabbit is dry if not cooked right. I remember my dad always searing it in a pan then adding water and simmering it for a while. Best is then making some biscuits and gravy from the juice in the pan with a side of rice!  Man this is making me hungry!

4/12/20 @ 8:42 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

One of the worst jobs of cooking rabbit was a Jack rabbit shot in the deserts of New Mexico. We grilled it.... Talk about tough and dry. Squirrel and rabbit cooked with brown rice and veggies is the best. Moist cooking is the way to go. This post just makes me want too go stomp on some brush piles!

2/20/20 @ 11:27 AM
goju
User since 12/30/10

Sadly, rabbit and squirrel hunting has seen a great decline in participation.  I know of few younger hunters who do either.  Use to be our most often pursued game.

Turning off the grumpy old man rant mode now

2/19/20 @ 4:40 PM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

" Good Rabbit Pilgrim"

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE