Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bobcats?

12/11/14 @ 10:39 AM
ORIGNAL POST
B Fish
User since 6/26/10
Does anyone know what the range of a Bobcat is? Do they live in a small confined area or do they roam more and follow their nose for food, as in here today, gone tomorrow?

The reason I ask is because I actually saw three bobcats one evening bowhunting (first time) this last fall. Working into the wind 10 yards apart. After that evening I hunted that area again several times and did see (Grouse, Rabbits, and squirrels) but never saw a cat track from what I observed.

So are they still around or have they moved on.

I know nothing about them.

Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/2/15 @ 9:19 PM
bearchaser
MEMBER since 1/22/07
Shot my first bobcat a week ago this past Friday. Was awesome Nice looking cat long but thin in the middle. only weighed 25lbs Getting a full mount.

12/13/14 @ 1:31 PM
SFC S
User since 1/24/06
They dont leave much sign when theres no snow. When trapping them I always kinda figured theyd pass back through a spot within two weeks.

12/11/14 @ 9:14 PM
Horble
User since 4/11/08
They are not too unlike a feral cat. If the hunting is good they will stick around. Slim pickings and they will move on. Core home range is 1/2 - 1 sq. mile. As stated, they are probably litter mates.

12/11/14 @ 6:53 PM
Brother of the brush
User since 1/22/12
I would say they are litter mates. With the right food and cover their probably close by, within a mile or two.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.