SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Bad Boy Buggy Repair

8/17/20 @ 6:30 PM
INITIAL POST
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Anyone know where to get a bad boy buggy fixed in the la crosse area?  Last time we got it fixed was way up by Hortenville, wi and I don’t think they do repair anymore.  Internet doesn’t show much except bass pro? Really???

thanks!

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
4/2/22 @ 8:10 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

BBB’s and Arctic Cat were purchased by Textron, as were EZ Go Carts. 

I would think any Textron, Arctic Cat, or EZ Go dealer would be willing to work on them.

3/29/22 @ 10:55 AM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

MN Viking,

I found a guy that fixes BBB!  He is close to New London so it is far from the west side of the state.

https://www.valleysnowmobile.com/ 

1/24/22 @ 8:03 AM
mnvikings
User since 10/6/14

I wonder if a Polaris side by side dealer could fix a Bad Boy . They  have an all electric I think so maybe they have the training to do it.

1/24/22 @ 7:58 AM
mnvikings
User since 10/6/14

That's great information Dave1234 . I'll check that for sure. Is it complicated to replace the sensor or can a "not to mechanical person" handle it ? 

1/22/22 @ 8:38 AM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

The sensor is for the parking brake.  It wouldn’t allow switch for going forward or backward to activate.  I am not sure what model bbb u have but the sensor is located under the bbb.  Next time I go to the farm I will take a pic.  Like u said I love ours ( we have 2). They r great for getting to and from stands.  It is become more and more difficult to find someone to work on them.

1/12/22 @ 7:11 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Can you get a parts breakdown for your model online? A lot of the part numbers might convert to replacement parts? Problem is getting someone to work on it that can diagnose and replace parts or able to get what they need? 

1/12/22 @ 7:08 AM
mnvikings
User since 10/6/14

I wonder where that sensor is that you replaced?  We aren't aware of sensors and what they are used for.----I have not had the brakes replaced --Lots of people dislike their BB but for my use ,it is great . Nice and quiet.

1/11/22 @ 10:49 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

It was a bad sensor.  They replaced it and it is good as new!  Have you ever had the brakes replaced?  If so where?  I have heard they r just like the brakes on a Polaris utv.  I called one local place and they said they haven’t ever worked on bbb.  Just trying to save a 2hr ride to mineral point.

1/4/22 @ 7:53 AM
mnvikings
User since 10/6/14

Saw your Bad Boy Buggies comment from a while ago. I have a BBB and like it except I have lots of trouble with turning it on . I have to turn the switch on and off many times before it will go.  I'm wondering if that is the same problem you had ? I had the solenoid replace but that didn't fix it. Is that your problem too and how do we fix it ? thanks

6/8/21 @ 8:11 AM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Thanks for the link Papa!  We actually found a shop in Mineral Point that works on them because we replaced a cycinod and it still didn’t work.

thanks,

Dave

6/4/21 @ 3:33 AM
Papaleo
Papaleo
User since 6/4/21

Hello,

Got a Bad Boy BB-AMS4 and had issues with it all the time. Asked for help on the Buggiesgonewild forum. Had to repair it myself - took me 2 months..

Best,

Francesco Papaleo

Bad Boy Buggy research: branding and marketing buy dissertation

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE