SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Wisconsin River / Upper Dells

6/9/15 @ 2:07 PM
INITIAL POST
Johnnielund
User since 5/6/05
Can anyone tell me if the Wisconsin River is navigable around Blackhawk Island and how the smallmouth fishing is? I will be staying at a condo in Crandall Bay from July 7 through July 9. I would very much appreciate any information. Thank you, Jim
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
7/21/21 @ 5:13 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07

I don't have a lot of experience with the river. I'm thinking about taking the wife for a boat ride at the upper dell's to take in the view. What launch would you recommend? Are there any areas to avoid or any concerns?

6/9/15 @ 8:39 PM
muskie nut
muskie nut
User since 6/26/01
Yes - navigable. Just heard that they increase the flow coming out of the Dells dam from a pretty good clip of 10K cubic feet per sec to 15K due to the rains to Stevens Point and Wisc Rapids area. Make sure your 101 lb trolling motor batteries are fully charged.
6/9/15 @ 2:55 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
Early morning throw top waters then as sun comes up move to rattle trap in crawdad or fire tiger. Blue fox vibrax silver body with silver blade with a buck tail works good. Number 4. Find rocks and wood at same time that are near a current break.
6/9/15 @ 2:52 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
Yes and yes
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE