8/24/21 @ 9:23 AM
INITIAL POST
bass2403
User since 10/15/03
Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts
8/26/21 @ 8:21 AM
Jumbee
User since 8/20/12

Tuffy -  "To the person who suggested you try to educate, or reason with them, forget it, most of them are local idiots who don’t want you on ‘their’ lake."

Disappointed to learn that because you like fishing or kayaking it's "your way or the highway."  Too much of that in our world today.

8/25/21 @ 7:26 PM
JimiJigs
JimiJigs
PRO MEMBER User since 1/15/20

I'd like to see them totally banned from inland lakes. These things are the most destructive things I've ever seen on a lake, dangerous as hell to people in smaller boats too. Your typical fishing boat you find on most of our lakes up north are no match for these things,  I was nearly flipped several times earlier this month. I feel sorry for parents trying to take their smaller children fishing. And talk about shoreline erosion. Unfortunately I agree with earlier post that nothing will be done. Money talks. 

8/25/21 @ 3:31 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

My ninth rib is cracked on both sides from hitting the wake from one of these boats. I think that boat size should be determined by lake size. I have been thrown off my front raised deck by these types of boats. They are the ‘Pitbull’ of boating. A person is responsible for their wake, so I think it’s time to start reporting these people. We should all have the local DNR warden on speed dial. To the person who suggested you try to educate, or reason with them, forget it, most of them are local idiots who don’t want you on ‘their’ lake.

8/25/21 @ 12:58 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

require *everyone* to have a boating drivers license,  with a renewal period like a car or truck driver's license.... and charge fees for them to cover the administration, just like driver's licenses... after all, these folks are driving...no?

... then enforce the laws... everyone should be able to enjoy our lakes, no matter how they use it... it's pretty obvious the boating laws are decades behind the types and power, etc. of boats now being sold and used

8/25/21 @ 10:51 AM
Jumbee
User since 8/20/12

My best advice is go talk kindly to the people involved - key word being kindly. They may simply be clueless and once asked to be careful in shallow areas or getting too close to shore/others many of the issues may go away.

If that doesn't help, I'd start with my lake assoc and make sure the wake boats and others know the local lake rules including; no wake times, too close to shore/docks, other boats, noise levels, etc. Nothing wrong with an updated publication to remind all what the local rules are and wish them a safe boating season.

Speaking to them would be a preferred method before posting anonymous notes on the end of their dock under cover of darkness or calling law enforcement. 

If that still doesn't work I'd rewire the dock lights like the lady on Ozark. - Just kidding - NOT A RECOMMENDED SOLUTION.

8/25/21 @ 8:25 AM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

I get off the water when the wake boats get started, but they are damaging the lakes.

If they at least keep them from making huge wakes in shallow water it would help.

8/24/21 @ 6:46 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Dont think your going to get much law enforcement on this issue so no laws will be passed. 

Wake boats pump a lot of money into the economy so not many folks are going to sympathize with the quieter side of existence. This is the going trend, just look at ATVs and snowmobiles where size and numbers are increasing

Not saying I agree , just the way it is

8/24/21 @ 5:50 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

If they bug u on your lake, what are you doing about it? 

8/24/21 @ 5:35 PM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21

I'd just rather see them banned on all lakes regardless of size.

8/24/21 @ 4:18 PM
Towerpro
User since 2/20/21

I understand having fun, but I agree they should not be allowed to be in shallow water. I see bare spots all over our lake from these boats taking off in 4ft deep water and just ripping the bottom up. But most annoying is the dang blasting crap music they are usually playing like come on guys grow up 40+year Olds thinking they gangsters lol haha 

8/24/21 @ 9:28 AM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

Anybody else think there should be a minimum size lake restriction for wake boats.

these boats can do a lot of harm to the lakes .  the also make it bad for anyone else on the lakes.

they should also have to stay out of shallow bays.

Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE