SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Wakeboard boats on small lakes

7/3/20 @ 8:14 AM
INITIAL POST
bass2403
User since 10/15/03
I think there needs to be some kind of limit on the size of lakes wakeboard boats go on.  I think a lake of 200 acres or less is to small for these boats. they create huge wake that mess up the lake and can make it bad for someone in a small boat.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
7/4/20 @ 8:33 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Big Cedar is 1,000 acres. There was a time when you only fished it during the week. Now with these Wakeboats you cannot even safely fish it during the week. Once the parents go to work, the kids and their friends come out. They will run you over, or come close to swamping you. They actually run and ski inside the 100’ shore buoyed areas.

I don’t feel it is a political issue, it is a common sense issue. We cannot allow Lake Association to set the rules for “Their Lake”. If the DNR can set the number of public parking places on a lake, why can’t they set HP and speed limits?

In my opinion a Wakeboard boat has no business being on a lake under 500 acres, and then only when operated under safe conditions.

7/4/20 @ 1:26 PM
bakerchj
User since 4/19/16

This has nothing to do with politics and we all pay taxes.  

Wake boarding should not be done on smaller lakes. It ruins the ecosystem. Small lakes do not have the capability to recover from the damage done by wake boarding. 

7/4/20 @ 8:28 AM
Paranoid Percher
User since 8/19/18

Let them hammer they pay taxes You guys must be liberals to  make rules that serve you

7/3/20 @ 6:13 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Totally agree, these boats do more damage than anything else , most owners are impervious to the damage they are causing , but the person behind boat looks cool riding the wave , which to some  that's all that matters . Just glad I have a 18 foot boat now and can handle their destruction better than my old 15 footer 

7/3/20 @ 12:36 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

I am not generally in favor of restrictive regs, but something has to be done to the speed regs. on smaller500 ac.or lakes and most rivers! Last week on a smaller Flowage in Oconto county it was CRAZY! Jet skis,wake boarders,tubers and skiers all going flat out in all directions! Had jets doing consistent donuts 100 feet from pier, and racing by at at least 50 mph. Same thing on river fishing this spring 250 hp. Boats flying by at  50-60 mph. Glad the NOWAKE was on the Rock for a while, probably saved someone from getting hurt!

7/3/20 @ 10:15 AM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12

They shouldnt be allowed on probably 95% of lakes in this state. All they do is create a dangerous situation for other boaters and kayakers or canoes. Not to mention the shoreline erosion. The worst part is generally the people driving them have little to no awareness of what that enormous wake behind them is doing once they go by. I can share the water with normal pleasure boats, jet skis, other fisherman, but the wake boats are getting to be just ridiculous.

7/3/20 @ 8:20 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Wakeboard boats on Big Lakes.

I don’t like Wakeboard boats on any lakes. I’ve got cracked ribs from a Wakeboard boat on a medium sized lake.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE