LOGIN
Lake-Link

veterans and fishing

6/14/16 @ 5:17 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

Hello fellow anglers,

I was looking outside at the flag flying in the wind and was thinking how lucky we are to live in a free country and able to fish and enjoy the outdoors. I haven't seen a thread on this but maybe we can start one. This being if there are vets looking to get out on a lake for a day of fishing maybe we can help them. It's the least we can do so perhaps if your willing to try and work out a day with someone post your location and figure the rest via P.M. it's the least we can do and weather your a guide or not a free day of fishing for them is worth our thousands of days of freedom. Post your thoughts or if your location if you'd like.

Tight lines

Lunkers

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/22/16 @ 8:01 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Not sure if everyone saw this link, but it is on the campfire thread.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcZuQXn4KSY

There are opportunities to help vets locally.  

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
6/21/16 @ 9:41 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

Boattech check p.m.

6/21/16 @ 8:57 PM
boattech
User since 12/22/04
Skelly I salmon fish but out of Milwaukee. Would be willing to set something up if you would like to come down this way.  Would even take Landin out also.

6/21/16 @ 8:45 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

Marcel,

I hope someone can help you on here. I live in waukesha county and have never fished salmon. So I know I'd be a disappointment to you on a trip  haha. But if your ever in the area looking to bass fish panfish or walleye fish let me know. I may be able to help you out.

Mike

6/21/16 @ 12:41 PM
skelly
User since 7/23/11

Hello, I'm a vet looking to learn how to Salmon Fish. (Im retired 100 % disabled/retired). I'm getting ready to purchase a boat. I'm looking to learn how to fish for Salmon. Willing to work( for free so l can learn).  My goal is to be able to take other Vets out fishing someday.  I live in the Green Bay Area.             I'm 110 % committed  to learning and paying it forward someday . If your willing please call me (920 604 0057)    I thank you all ahead of time   Marcel

6/20/16 @ 11:39 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Milwaukee Chapter of Muskies Inc. will be taking vets fishing on Saturday, August 27.  7:00 till about noon.  Cookout afterwards.  Pewaukee Lake.

Be looking for more information as this is always a great event put on by the club.  Last year it just happened that this event feel on the best musky day of the year.  One of those misty mornings with a nice southwest wind.  Lots of guys caught muskies.

https://milwaukeemuskiesinc.com/

6/20/16 @ 11:30 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12
This is a fantastic idea.

6/19/16 @ 7:47 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

Hello all,

This has made it down with few comments. Don't forget any retired or active military that would like to go fish for a day let me or one of the other guys here know. Im no guide but I can hold my own. Have retired service men in my family and would like to continue to show gratitude for the bravery provided to all of us.

Tight lines

6/14/16 @ 6:29 PM
boattech
User since 12/22/04

That is a great idea LL. I  would even be willing to take them out as well.  

6/14/16 @ 5:55 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

Thanks nihsf. I see your in the area I fish alot on posts. Hot me up one day maybe fish pewaukee together or something.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.