UV shirts

1/8/19 @ 9:04 AM
ORIGINAL POST
rmba
rmba
MEMBER since 7/1/10

I am looking to buy some UV long sleeve shirts, any of you guys use them?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
1/15/19 @ 11:12 PM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

I wear them all the time when I’m fishing. It is best to stay with lighter colors. Cabela’s and Columbia have some nice ones. I bought the Columbia brand at their outlet store for $20 each.

Post Your Comment
1/14/19 @ 7:30 AM
Annes Regret
Annes Regret
MEMBER since 7/7/11

"I am looking to buy some UV long sleeve shirts, any of you guys use them?"

Yes I do. I used to be a sun tanner. Not any more. Now it's long sleeves and sun screen and a hat that that covers my ears now. Sun glasses is a given. I see a dermonaglist every year now to check for melanoma. Sunbrella is pricy but works. Blood from fish is a given. Hope I answered your question.

Edited on 1/15/19 3:56 AM
Post Your Comment
1/14/19 @ 6:09 AM
Regjoe
Regjoe
USER since 2/7/06

I bought two last year and I like them.  Keeps you cool when its hot and a splash of water helps when you are baking out there.  I have one from Cabelas and another off brand I bought.  The only bad thing that I don't care for about them is getting stains out.  Go with the dark colors as the fish blood kind of blends in.  I also wear them when its colder out and they are fine then also.

Post Your Comment
1/11/19 @ 5:42 PM
Bone-fish
Bone-fish
MEMBER since 11/3/16

Go to fishing equipment forum and scroll down to the "sun protection" post or something like that. I use huk and it works well. There are other cheaper but still effective and durable options by others on that posting. Here is my original response on UV protection.....................

I have to second the gaters. I too thought they were for kids. I was so wrong. On the hottest days I pull it over my neck, ears, and nose. It works with a baseball cap and sunglasses very well. It takes a little getting used to breathing with it over your nose and mouth but in a minute it's not to bad at all. As far as the brands they have been previously mentioned already and I always wear long sleeves on the really hot days. Yes a dark color is better than nothing but I typically buy white, grey, and light blue. Keep spares in my boat for guests or days I thought I wouldn't need them. Get the long sleeves with a colar too so your gator has overlap.

Post Your Comment