SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Underwater lights

8/17/20 @ 8:57 PM
INITIAL POST
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

This was on one of the boards earlier  . Did anyone ever find out if it is legal to have an underwater light to attract fish  ? 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
1/29/21 @ 10:00 AM
arthur1957
arthur1957
User since 6/24/01

See in FAQ's  

lights

10/30/20 @ 9:01 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

I have used these on Tichigan lake and they work very well for crappies.  It is best to arrange your lines so that they’re on the edge of the light and not directly under it.   I found the best depth to be double anchored in is 12-25’.    Peaceful fishing! CARPIO 

10/29/20 @ 7:41 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

It is however legal in MN to use a light to attract minnows when trapping them.

8/17/20 @ 11:23 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

In Wisconsin it is legal, in Minnesota it is not. I don’t know about Michigan, Illinois, or Iowa.

This question comes up a lot on ice fishing sites. It’s the type of thing that ends up being clearly defined in each state’s regulations if it is not legal. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE