SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Trapping Crawfish

6/16/21 @ 1:44 PM
INITIAL POST
Struttin Buck
User since 10/9/03

Looking to trap some crawfish in the Appleton to Fond du Lac area.  Anyone know of some spots?   Thanks 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
6/17/21 @ 4:23 PM
older fart
User since 3/18/21

they love large rocks and the new ones love weeds as thats what they eat. but make sure you kill them as you cant have live ones away from the lake. why do you want them. bait? not sure if you can even use them for bait in inland waters. better check on that too. maybe if you chatch them and use them in the waters you get them from. 

6/16/21 @ 9:56 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I take it you're looking to do it from shore? I know back when my daughter was like 4-5 years old there was a daycare trip to Konkapot Creek in Kaukauna near Thousand Islands and we found some. Likely dry as a bone right now though. Thousand Islands itself may be a possibility, but not sure what the rules are for being in the water. 

Or if you want to drive north, I can tell you the Oconto River below the Stiles dam was loaded with them back when I used to fish there. Not sure if anything has changed in the past 20 years lol.

6/16/21 @ 3:45 PM
beanbag
User since 12/17/09

No such thing as pm...you have to become a Facebook friend.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE