LOGIN
Lake-Link

Tom Boley Fishing Show on YouTube

6/25/21 @ 2:32 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Big Lake Hoosier
Big Lake Hoosier
USER SINCE 9/2/20

Since the Gillespie and Smith forums are active, I wanted to see who watched Tom Boley?  His guide service is listed on this site but I've really enjoyed his YouTube videos.  He is humorous and very informative, often describing at length how he's fishing the lure and how he utilizes the electronics. This year he had a Top 5 Walleye Lures for Early Spring where he wasn't even in the boat and a few weeks ago a similar episode for summer.  Highly recommend but also wonder what YOU think and what you have LEARNED from his videos.  I would also encourage you to subscribe if you like it.  Subscriptions help support him to continue to create content.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TomBoley/featured

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

12/3/21 @ 1:38 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER SINCE 5/21/03

To be clear...I never said Tom Boley couldn't fish.  Never said he couldn't promote.

Am saying that there really isn't a rule he isn't afraid of breaking.  

Kind of like another guy I know out there.  Great fisherman, not so much on the other stuff.

Which happens, to each their own.  No worries on my end, but if someone were to ever give a guide money for services rendered, a quick CCAP of said guide tells you a lot about them.

12/3/21 @ 12:06 PM
markobd
markobd
MEMBER SINCE 8/1/11

Vegas,

Interesting information on his penalties.  I like his videos and my impression is he releases a majority of fish but who knows what is marketing and what is real.  I think he is a good marketer and self promoter but I have learn much from his content.  Regarding later comment on releasing info on the lake he is fishing as there is a good reason for this.  I use to fish Lake Geneva late fall until Eric H released several videos, now it is a zoo.

I think his videos give great guidance on techniques  to find fish on any lake.

Again thanks for the info

12/2/21 @ 12:54 PM
07 fatboy
USER SINCE 5/27/10

Toms got a new ice fishing video out. I guess that fake blond still lets him fish

11/23/21 @ 8:03 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER SINCE 6/14/05

you could be right Vegas...I am subscribed to his channel and nothing for a while....not even Tuesday Tom talk or whatever it was....too bad if that is the case, he had some nice informative videos..he was a bit full of himself at times....maybe the fake blond took him for a ride.....

11/22/21 @ 9:31 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER SINCE 5/21/03

Never seen his show.  Just his reputation.  There really isn't a rule or regulation that he won't break.  Last I heard, his guide license was revoked.  Maybe that is over now.  

Ccap.  Hunting without a license.  Guiding without a license.  Fishing with unattended lines.  Looks like he wasn't paying for boat....etc.  

10/30/21 @ 1:49 PM
50yam167
USER SINCE 5/10/14

Clayton Schick Outdoors is fun and informative to watch. He is in Manitoba. Big walleye, pike and lake trout. I miss Uncut Angling with Arron Weibe. He had a good thing going. Always watch Tom Boley. Jay Seimens is good also. Plus, Doug Wegner and Drew Lookin Fishy.

10/29/21 @ 7:20 PM
Surf-N-Turf
USER SINCE 12/26/07

As far as real, useful info:  Tom Boley has Gillespie and Smith beat hands down, and I don't even have to use the "Mute" button, at all!!

10/28/21 @ 9:20 PM
Big Lake Hoosier
Big Lake Hoosier
USER SINCE 9/2/20

He did a great video recently explaining his method to find the location, how he zeroed in using electronics, and how he marked then came back with a quieter approach.  So informative any great show.  Usually one every couple days.

6/29/21 @ 2:16 PM
Walli Guy
USER SINCE 7/27/14

i think boley is the best u tuber out there, especially for walleye

like others said, extremely informative and a master at reading his electronics and finding fish, have learned a lot from his vids

i'm kinda burnt out on gillespie and smith

i also make sure i catch catfish dave each week

6/28/21 @ 3:57 PM
Big Lake Hoosier
Big Lake Hoosier
USER SINCE 9/2/20

Cyber-stalking is hilarious!  One thing is that he NEVER mentions the lake he's on unless it's something big like Superior or Mississippi or Green Bay.  Any of those local lakes he fishes never gets named and they often look the same.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.