MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Things that people think are true, but maybe aren't....

7/13/20 @ 8:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I'll start. When a person catches a 12 inch bass with a gash in it, I often hear, "WHOA! Something really big must have tried to eat that thing..." and they look as if they are holding a fish that just went through something pretty traumatic and that there is a HUGE fish probably in the same waters. 

Ok, maybe it's true. But......it's also possible that it's a sore, or a scratch mark, a scar from a long time ago, or something else....

DISPLAYING 31 TO 35 OF 35 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/14/20 @ 7:57 AM
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09

Fished the Mackenzie river in the NWT many years.  Not unusual to catch N/Pike with another N/Pikes tail sticking out of its mouth or a grayling.  Got a N/Pike with a stomach bulge, cut it open and weighed a 7lb whitefish(?) inside, got a picture of that.

7/13/20 @ 10:53 PM
Minfam
User since 2/16/20

Muskies eat all the walleye, crappie, ect.  Not true, never been true, ever.  If they did they would starve out and die off as a species.  Fisherman eat all the fish.

7/13/20 @ 10:52 PM
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

I caught eleven  inches worth of crappie once that was inside a 32" northern that ate the 4-1/2" bluegill I was using for bait. It was probably a 12" crappie when it got ate.  I got little to no doubt a 40+"  pike or ski could swallow a +/- 18" bass or walleye.

7/13/20 @ 8:26 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I don’t smallmouth fish much, but did two years ago in Canada.  We were using top water baits, and I was absolutely amazed how many times the smallmouth missed their target.  Sometimes they missed it three and even four times, but they usually came back for a second (Third or fourth) swing at it!

I don’t know if toothy critters are the same (pike and skis), but if they are, it would certainly Help explain some of the marks that you see on fish that you catch...

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
DISPLAYING 31 TO 35 OF 35 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.