MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Things that people think are true, but maybe aren't....

7/13/20 @ 8:12 PM
ORIGNAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I'll start. When a person catches a 12 inch bass with a gash in it, I often hear, "WHOA! Something really big must have tried to eat that thing..." and they look as if they are holding a fish that just went through something pretty traumatic and that there is a HUGE fish probably in the same waters. 

Ok, maybe it's true. But......it's also possible that it's a sore, or a scratch mark, a scar from a long time ago, or something else....

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 44 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/11/20 @ 8:12 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Over the years I have watched people fish and do things with their tackle and gear that I thought would never work and which made me laugh internally. 

Life has taught me  to keep my mouth shut. Some of these strange activities really to work!

8/10/20 @ 5:29 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

You cant catch fish without a fish locator/sonar/flasher. Some people just go home when they find out they got to the lake and forgot their electronics.  

Well, I spent most of the last 5 years fishing with no open water electronics and 1 1/2 winters with no flasher. But somehow my freezer is always full of fish.

8/8/20 @ 8:25 AM
Paranoid Percher
User since 8/19/18

fishing reports and pro fisherpeople always catch fish

8/7/20 @ 3:27 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

James...that was especially true when I have fished in Colorado.  Sometimes the walk down the steep hill/ canyon took an hour and 1 1/2 hours to climb out.  But, that made the adventure way more fun too.

8/7/20 @ 2:04 PM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

I think many, who have never fished or fish very little, think of fishing as a very sedentary sport for folks with little ambition and they tend to do more beer drinking than fishing. The last part may be true, but wading streams, rigging up and deploying lines after launching a boat, or casting off a pier for hours are, to me, the polar opposite of sedentary. Fishing can be easy, but most of the time it's lots of work and concentration.

8/7/20 @ 1:27 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

Channel catfish are bottom feeders... nope

8/7/20 @ 1:05 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

I'll agree with that one Elliott.  Suckers are pretty darn good. They just have a lot of bones in them.  Maybe that is why I pickle them and my friend cans them.  Another buddy makes fish patties out of them.  

8/7/20 @ 10:14 AM
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

"you can still live a long and fulfilling live if you skip fishing and hide from the corona in your basement"

not true.

8/7/20 @ 8:56 AM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
User since 3/31/15

Don't think it matters how much time you spend on the water when you have no idea what you're really talking about and haven't learned much...

8/6/20 @ 5:27 PM
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

I think the difference between recreational and professional is that the recreational is looking for entertainment or maybe a fish fry while the pro is out to make money, in which case it is a job and the exact opposite of recreation. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 44 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.