Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

swimbaits

7/7/16 @ 10:39 AM
ORIGNAL POST
PikeTastic
User since 5/10/08

Looking for suggestions on productive swimbaits soft or hard for LMB and SMB in clear water.

This is a tactic that is out of comfort zone, but wanting to explore new ways to catch fish. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Maybe tips on when they are most productive...weather/wind/water temp/sun

Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/21/16 @ 10:56 AM
C&R bass
User since 6/8/15

Google swim baits for bass in clear water. 

7/16/16 @ 6:29 AM
PikeTastic
User since 5/10/08

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. 

7/13/16 @ 2:18 PM
tstoeger
Troy Stoeger
User since 4/2/02

Second the Keitech baits. I throw primarily those on a keel weighted hook and the Lucky Craft Real Bluegill. They're nice, quality baits and the price isnt bad on a hard swimbait

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
7/13/16 @ 1:50 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04

Ive been using berkley havoc grass pigs also recently and like the softer feel. Look good on a 1/4 ounce swim jighead.

7/13/16 @ 1:22 PM
Floatin n' boatin
User since 7/23/15

Keitechs are my go to. Anything eats them! Put on a jighead and thats all you need

7/9/16 @ 3:55 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

Check the post on Pro tour minnow baits a few posts down.  I have caught small and largemouth bass, walleye and northern on them so far.  I want to try the 5 inch version on Lake Michigan casting for salmon from shore.  Straight retrieve, lift annd drop and snap jigging all work.  The tail action on the fall is awesome as well as the wobble on a straight retrieve.  I just need to find a good thin wire jig in 1/2 oz for deeper water applications.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.