MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Sportsman’s Journal TV Show

1/4/20 @ 2:56 PM
INITIAL POST
FishDreams
FishDreams
User since 4/2/19

Sportsman’s Journal continues to get better... if you haven’t watched it recently check it out. Tyler and Sara are entertaining (funny!) hosts and teach you about what they are doing. I like this more modern feel (compared to the old version of sportsman’s journal) and really high quality video. Have you watched?  Agree?

Displaying 16 to 30 of 32 posts
1/19/21 @ 7:53 AM
hardofherring
User since 2/24/18

All rite Butch, said Dale. T and S do a fine job!

1/18/21 @ 6:12 PM
FishDreams
FishDreams
User since 4/2/19

I like the Tyler vs Sara contest.  https://sportsmansjournaltv.com/

You can vote win some great prizes... I like that they are trying some different stuff. I like having them solo sometimes and together sometimes, it’s not the same old thing all the time. AND they share and teach!!

1/18/21 @ 12:58 PM
tzeilstra
User since 8/4/08

This is my new favorite fishing show. As others have said, they explain what they're doing so much better than other fishing shows and it doesn't feel like one big commercial. I also enjoy the banter between the two of them. Very entertaining show!

1/18/21 @ 9:11 AM
Qual Fisher
User since 4/28/19

If you haven't seen the January 16, 2021 episode of Sportsman Journal TV, try to find it and watch.  Its called something like "Solo Walleyes".  Sara, without Tyler, is fishing late spring for walleyes.  She was great at explaining where she was fishing, what she was using, and how she was fishing.  I wish some of the fishing show "experts" (e.g. Gillespie, Smith,...) would explain as well as Ms. Trampe did.  Would like to see more shows with her.  Don't need the constant banter back and forth with her husband.  

1/7/21 @ 11:20 PM
Kingfisher2025
User since 2/15/20

Excited for another season of Sportsman’s Journal to start!  Love the info and it’s something different.

3/28/20 @ 11:54 AM
Beachboy
User since 12/20/04

like the show. noticed in their coleman repellant comercial, she appears to be grouse hunting but there is a trigger guard on her shotgun. lol

3/6/20 @ 5:54 PM
Kingfisher2025
User since 2/15/20

Definitely going to try out this technique! 

2/25/20 @ 7:44 PM
Kingfisher2025
User since 2/15/20

just watched this on youtube, I found this episode very helpful! it makes me want to get out on the water! definitely going to have to make the trip and try that out one day!

2/24/20 @ 11:11 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

I really like the new hosts, Butch did a great job bringing these guys in... their dialog is pretty funny at times and they offer some easy to understand advice , including fish movements, locations, the effect of wind on locations and how to find the active fish or how to present to fish in a more neutral or negative mode

totally enjoyable show!

2/22/20 @ 5:26 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I didn’t catch the show but yes, jigging for lake trout is a blast. We use 1 oz blade baits. We burst them through bait clouds and the Lakers will chase them all the way to the surface. Sometimes we can see them hit the bait. Gotta love Canada.

2/22/20 @ 1:21 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Great show today. That is the fun way to catch Lake Trout. Jigging for them in my opinion is more fun than dragging lures on planner boards. You also cannot beat the scenery of fishing in Canada.

2/16/20 @ 12:50 AM
Kingfisher2025
User since 2/15/20

This looks amazing!  Does anyone have finicky foolers? They look like there awesome! Thinking about buying a few. Recommendations?

1/11/20 @ 2:01 PM
FishDreams
FishDreams
User since 4/2/19

This weeks episode was good too!  Green Bay walleyes... I need to make that trip.   When they started the show they were out of Oconto and then they made a move. Wonder where they moved to??  Or do I just need to hire Lynn?

1/5/20 @ 12:31 PM
Musky Ben
User since 3/13/02

Not neccesarily going to agree its better, Butch had a pretty good show too.  I do however like Tyler and Sara and have talked with Tyler after his shows last year in WI.  I like the fact that they target more local water to our area and I am glad Butch passed the show on to someone!!!

Musky Ben

1/5/20 @ 9:28 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

agree... great show!

Displaying 16 to 30 of 32 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE