I added 2 Slide Diver Lite bites to my Salmon arsenal last year and had a lot of action with some fish boated.  I'm still struggling with knowing the depth they're running as well as getting fish to stay hooked.  I'm using 30 lb PP and 50' of 30 lb Fluorocarbon to slide on, with another 5' after the bead and snap swivel for my gear.

Questions: 

-    Will setting the diver tighter (harder to trip) help the hook-up ratio?  I was using brand new hooks and had my drags set just tight enough to let the lines go out on huge surges or on a strike.

-    How much affect does having the "extra" fluoro in front of the slide diver have on the depth?  ex:  I snap diver 10' up the line and then have the additional 40' dragging vertical against the current towards my rod.  Am I better just running this on the PP? 

-    Looking at setting up another 2 rigs this year with wire line.  Also considering adding the Ultimate kit.  Should I add Ultimates to all 4 rigs?  By doing this I have read that the ratio "should be" 2' out = 1' down.  Is this true for 30 lb braid as well as 30 lb wire?  To add more to this equation, by getting so "aggressive" with this presentation, wouldn't this act a lot more like a rigger then?  If so, is this a good thing?  Last year my copper lines were on F I R E every trip (and my lead cores did OK too) and I have to believe that it was because of the waving/whipping action of the line from the drag and currents of the water.

-    Are there charts available for 30 lb braid and 30 lb wire on a standard lite bite diver and then charts for the same set ups with the Ultimate kits too.  I have found the attached chart (see picture), but not sure if that is the Lite Bite, what line, etc.  I have also found other charts that have the 4 oz kits, different rings and so on...not sure why this isn't just part of the packaging when buying each part...anywho.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I have literally spent hours/day reading and watching videos trying to find these answers and there is so much contradicting and OLD information out there.  I'm hoping to get some current thoughts/advice from this group that has already helped me learn so much.  Thanks in advance!