LOGIN
Lake-Link

Simpsons Taxidermy - Winneconne

6/29/16 @ 8:37 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BiigPiike
BiigPiike
User since 12/20/09
Can anyone give me a review on Simpsons Taxidermy, out of Winneconne?  Looking to have two walleyes done and would like to stay local, looks like he does good work. Thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/4/16 @ 4:33 PM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08

Roger nuske up in bowler, does great fish!!

7/4/16 @ 12:04 PM
BiigPiike
BiigPiike
User since 12/20/09

Ok, what local taxidermists would you recommend for walleye? My taxidermist is not taking on any projects, and would like to get these fish dropped off.

8/3/14 @ 4:49 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Not knocking the walleye below by any means, but the coloring/markings on the body appear to be more like an eelpout than a walleye. I suppose with replicas it's more of a paint job than anything.

7/1/16 @ 10:52 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I think Simpson's does a great bluegill,  but I personally do not care for his walleye's,  even the pic shown below.  I haven't seen a walleye look like that,  too brown,  not enough gold and too blotchy.  It could pass for a sauger if you put dots on the fin. Just my two cents.

I recommend going around to each person and actually look at them.  If you have a fish of a lifetime go to Mike Orthaber in door county,  he's one of the best in the nation.  You'll pay for it,  but Simpson's doesn't give his fish away either.

This is a better walleye as far as color,  but i'm not recommending this place.  I have not seen their work besides this link on the web.

http://www.classicfishmounts.com/images/skinmounts/2830.jpg

6/30/16 @ 9:15 AM
bueller
User since 1/4/03

Here is the live fish.

6/30/16 @ 9:11 AM
bueller
User since 1/4/03

I had him do a walleye replica for me and I think he did a great job. Not the best pic but this is all I have right now.  

6/29/16 @ 10:27 PM
double lung
User since 1/9/09
I've had 3 deer done by him and he does very good work. I was pleased. Looking around his studio everything looked very good, fish, ducks, deer...  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.