SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

river2sea whopper plopper 110

12/11/17 @ 2:34 PM
INITIAL POST
5bass4rbs
User since 5/14/11

Has anyone used this top water and what are thoughts?

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
12/16/17 @ 9:17 PM
RUSSELL
User since 3/4/02

First Whopper Plopper was purchased in Eagle River Wisconsin,was supposed to be a Musky plug.Interesting all I caught were Large and Smallmouth Bass. Fish were all nice size released all, not one Musky. Came back to southern Wisconsin caught nothing but large mouth five pound average all released. I try different colors depending on time of day and sunny or overcast.Friend of mine fishes central Wisconsin,bass all sizes again depends on weather time of day.

12/14/17 @ 4:16 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I bought them and the wide glides when they came out.  Lures look good, and the whopper plopper works like it should.  I just haven't found where fish want to eat it.  Unlike a few other topwaters that just get crunched, so I sold all of mine.

Wide Glides didn't work at all.  I couldn't get them to walk.  Sold them, too.

12/12/17 @ 12:08 AM
5bass4rbs
User since 5/14/11

Thanks for comments, I have a couple and will look foreword to the spring. 

12/11/17 @ 9:57 PM
dbuchmann
dbuchmann
User since 2/17/05
Ive had some good days with them up here. Don't throw a ton of top water but one night they just hammered the 110 in bone. Probably caught 15 bass and several in the 3-4# range
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE