plan on purchasing a good spinning reel any suggestions on brand and etc

thanks guys for your opinions

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 22 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/13/14 @ 7:28 PM
tstoeger
Troy Stoeger
User since 4/2/02
Mid level Daiwa stuff is as nice as anything in their respective price range. I like the Lexa a lot.

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
10/13/14 @ 11:33 AM
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
I've been running Abu Garcia's Revo's for a couple years now, and consider them as good as anything on the market. They've held up flawlessly. They are extremely smooth, anti-reverse is in the right spot to reach if you want to back reel while fighting a fish, and the line comes off the bail perfectly when casting.

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
10/11/14 @ 9:05 PM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10
I hear good things about Pflueger Presidentials; I have also heard good things about Ardent supposedly having good spinning reels but they might be a pro only thing; never used either though. I have a handful of Shimanos, Shakespeares, and Mitchells and a few other random Pure Fishing brands of reels. All good reels for the price range that I have been able to purchase over the years. The bails close nicer on Shimanos if you don't manually close your bail; otherwise I personally like Mitchells better, my go to is the Mitchell 308 pro. Definitely go with the pro line if you go Mitchell, they just feel better.

10/11/14 @ 9:05 PM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10
I hear good things about Pflueger Presidentials; I have also heard good things about Ardent supposedly having good spinning reels but they might be a pro only thing; never used either though. I have a handful of Shimanos, Shakespeares, and Mitchells and a few other random Pure Fishing brands of reels. All good reels for the price range that I have been able to purchase over the years. The bails close nicer on Shimanos if you don't manually close your bail; otherwise I personally like Mitchells better, my go to is the Mitchell 308 pro. Definitely go with the pro line if you go Mitchell, they just feel better.

10/5/14 @ 11:58 AM
Hammar
Brian Hammarsten
User since 4/5/10
I agree with the Plueger Presidential. Great reel and a good price.

Roach's Guide Service
(763) 226-6656
10/5/14 @ 11:58 AM
Hammar
Brian Hammarsten
User since 4/5/10
I agree with the Plueger Presidential. Great reel and a good price.

Roach's Guide Service
(763) 226-6656
9/19/14 @ 5:28 AM
frozentoo
User since 7/27/12
PENN !! I've had a Slammer 360 and absolutely zero problems; other than fair wear & tear. They're a bit on the heavier side but worth every ounce IMO.

9/18/14 @ 1:11 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Haven't tangled with a species of fish yet that a Plueger Presidential couldn't handle. Set the drag proper and everything from gills to kings...it's been done. Just keep em lubed like any other...

9/18/14 @ 11:59 AM
Opie Taylor
User since 9/17/14
The Plueger Trion series are excellent budget reels.

9/18/14 @ 1:21 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I was a Mitchell 300 guy for a long time but one of the issues with all Mitchels...awhile back, was the bail spring... if you didn't carry spares, your day may have been messed with

When Shimano came out with their "no fail bail", it got my attention, so I tried one out..not sure how many years ago that was, but best guess is 15-20

I have been a fan of Shimano ever since, in the spinning reel arena...

I have some Shimano baitcasters too, and they are great reels, but for the money, cannot beat Abu Garcia imo

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 22 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.