MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link
LOG IN

Operation: Fishing Freedom

3/31/18 @ 1:24 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Stumbled across a great fishing show today.  Operation: Fishing Freedom

You won't learn any new fishing techniques, but really worth watching.  

Each week the show is dedicated to a specific veteran.

The show is around 70% focused on the vet's story and their service to our country.  The remaining 30% is fishing footage from the boat.  

At the end of each show the vet is presented a custom made rod from St. Croix with their name and an American Flag.  

Anyone can nominate a Vet for the show.  Also, if anyone wants to thank any of the vets who appeared on the show, they can send their message to Operation: Fishing Freedom, and they ensure that your message is delivered.

Unbelievable stories of courage and tenacity on this show.  

 

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/16/18 @ 2:47 PM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

Eyetest, amen to that man and, appreciate that!!!

4/15/18 @ 10:44 AM
Eyetest
Eyetest
MEMBER since 7/12/01

PP and Chaser,

Vietnam vets are not Fonda Jane.

4/5/18 @ 2:39 PM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

Storm Chaser, thank you Sir, really appreciate it, and, of course, right back at you.

I

4/5/18 @ 2:32 PM
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
User since 7/14/07

Thank you PP. It still gets my eyes teared up just remembering those years coming home.

My glass is raised to you sir and thank you for your service. It was some bad years but worse for many more who never made it back home.

Here's to you and everyone else who came home and for there service.

4/5/18 @ 6:59 AM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

Storm Chaser, OMG...man, you GOT to be kidding...but, then again, in a back corner of my (old) mind, I do remember hearing about a sign like that. IMHO, the person who hung that should be treated the same. (hung)

AMEN to the comment about "Hanoi Jane"!!! 

I'll tip a glass to your friends who did make it home, just as I do with mine...and, Storm Chaser...Welcome Home, man!!!

4/4/18 @ 6:32 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

SC, ET, and PP, thank you all for your service.

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
4/4/18 @ 5:41 PM
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
User since 7/14/07

Eyetest and PP I know just what you are talking about. When I got back home from Nam and going to the bar for my first beer back a sign was on the door which I will never forget. It read: Dogs are welcomed GI's are not: I will never forget that sign nor will I ever forgive what Jane Fonda did. To many of my good buddies never made it home.

4/4/18 @ 3:20 PM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

Eyetest, I understand what you are saying...We were "allowed" to wear our "cammies" or jungle fatigues on the "Freedom Bird". Every once and a while that was approved. It was so cool!!! But, once home things got different fast.

and, Eyetest...THANKS for the "Welcome Home".....means a bunch!!!

4/4/18 @ 2:05 PM
Eyetest
Eyetest
MEMBER since 7/12/01

P.P., 

Very different now when you see them in there BDU's. For us it was as you know Class A, Class B when traveling. No utilities or BDU's...Big no-no then...But I digress....

And Welcome Home....Phishin Phool

4/4/18 @ 7:31 AM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

Eyetest, I agree with part of your post. Sad about the uniform part. I remember sitting in the bar in Chicago (O'hare) waiting for my flight out to San Fran. Leaving for 'Nam the next day. I am sitting there in my uniform and the bar maid checked my ID, said, 'Yer not 21, can not serve ya'" I won't type what I said. Old enough to fight, yet can not order a beer.

A year later, landing at Travis, I was told to "get out of your uniform before boarding your civilian flight home"

However, I am somewhat dismayed at all the "heros" that come home now?!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.