Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

One armed fisherman

3/25/15 @ 12:31 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Budman
User since 8/17/01
I went to a "Fishing has no boundries" outing about 20 years ago and the guy I took out on the boat was missing 1 arm. He had a battery powered bait casting reel that he would cast out and it had a little button with a small motor that he could reel in with. I'm sorry, but I can't remember who did the modifications on the reel to make it powered. I'm sure there are people/companies that can retrofit a reel for this purpose.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/29/15 @ 4:53 PM
NEW Adventures
User since 3/7/09
I saw these at Fleet Farm in Green Bay today. Hope this helps.

http://www.mpowrfishing.com

N.E.W. Adventures
(920) 676-3688
3/26/15 @ 6:16 AM
fhnb92
MEMBER since 1/23/09
You should contact Fishing Has NO Bounderies in hayward wi. This organization has been putting people with disabilities on the water fishing for 28 yrs. They have researched all the adaptive fishing gear and have a great knowledge on whats out there to be used.I have been taking out persons with disabilities for 26 of the 28 years they have been holding their event and have seen some amazing adaptive gear.Call Jenny @715-634-3185 and she can get you in touch with the right person to talk to there.I hope this will help your freind out. By the way i golf once a year and can only hit a shot by only using my right arm.I dont know why but the shot goes straight every time. Good Luck Jim

3/25/15 @ 9:48 PM
nubbz07
User since 12/31/09
I have 2 full arms but just 1 hand. I would suggest using rods with long handles and put the handle between his legs to real in with good hand. As for casting use reels he can cast 1 handed. I was born 1 handed but I've seen ppl adapt over time. If he wants to fish or golf or whatever he will find a way. Pm me if you want and I'll give you my cell #. I live in Waupun.

3/25/15 @ 12:35 PM
Budman
User since 8/17/01
Check out this web site http://www.adaptiveoutdoorsman.com/handicapfishing.html or do a google search.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.