SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Night fishing on the Boat

8/16/19 @ 7:51 PM
INITIAL POST
Thevdim
User since 6/9/15
New to boating! For those that fish during the night time off the boat, I am wondering what are the rules/regulation of boating and night fishing in the Winnebago lake. I'm looking at possibly starting around midnight to 4/5am. Any successful tips? Baits? Lures? Stationary or trolling? Probably targeting species- bass, walleyes, panfish.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
11/23/19 @ 10:38 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Buy yourself one of those green underwater submersible lights.  They work great for crappies and white bass. You will have to get a 12v battery though. The light works best in 15 - 20’ of water. For some reason it also attracts Gar! I’ve had as many as 11 at one time motionless at the edge of the light. I love to fish that way on hot summer nights after all the      -  leave.    CARPIO 

11/20/19 @ 8:53 PM
prestonlove
User since 11/20/19

Buy or use a red LED light google street view. Eyes don't need to adjust. I like a buzzbait at night. Worms for sure. 

9/17/19 @ 8:06 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

We don't fish Winnebago but we use blacklights when we troll at night.

9/17/19 @ 6:13 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

During the day I don’t mind a little clutter on the deck. At night it’s a great idea to keep the deck as clean as possible. Know exactly where safety gear is located and know where your release tools are. It’s a real pain to try to find pliers in the dark.

Make sure you know exactly how to get back to the launch safely. Exploring new water at night is iffy. Find those spots during the day and visit productive areas at night. 

Good luck out there!

8/24/19 @ 7:33 AM
emceemc
User since 9/18/01

Definitely yellow lighting. I had a battery powered white light lantern out there once. It seemed like a great idea, but it, and the boat, and me, were all covered with bugs in just a few minutes. 

You only need light for a few things anyway, and the headlamp serves the purpose perfectly.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE