Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Night fishing on the Boat

8/16/19 @ 7:51 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Thevdim
User since 6/9/15
New to boating! For those that fish during the night time off the boat, I am wondering what are the rules/regulation of boating and night fishing in the Winnebago lake. I'm looking at possibly starting around midnight to 4/5am. Any successful tips? Baits? Lures? Stationary or trolling? Probably targeting species- bass, walleyes, panfish.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 8:06 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

We don't fish Winnebago but we use blacklights when we troll at night.

TODAY @ 6:13 PM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

During the day I don’t mind a little clutter on the deck. At night it’s a great idea to keep the deck as clean as possible. Know exactly where safety gear is located and know where your release tools are. It’s a real pain to try to find pliers in the dark.

Make sure you know exactly how to get back to the launch safely. Exploring new water at night is iffy. Find those spots during the day and visit productive areas at night. 

Good luck out there!

8/26/19 @ 7:00 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Pay attention to the moon phase. At times, this will give you natural lighting. When it’s pitch dark, make sure you have navigation assistance such as Navionics or the others. This will keep you off the shore line and shallow spots. Most important, be familiar with the lake you are night fishing. Your “Bearings” can get rattled out there in the dark if you’re not prepared. Good luck my friend

8/24/19 @ 7:33 AM
emceemc
User since 9/18/01

Definitely yellow lighting. I had a battery powered white light lantern out there once. It seemed like a great idea, but it, and the boat, and me, were all covered with bugs in just a few minutes. 

You only need light for a few things anyway, and the headlamp serves the purpose perfectly.

8/19/19 @ 7:38 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Use yellow lighting inside boat as they do not attract bugs.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.