SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Need help between Lowrance vs. Humminbird

4/28/14 @ 7:42 PM
INITIAL POST
the eye slayer
User since 3/17/09
Scheels has a sale goig right now they have the Lowrance Elite 7 HDI for $550 and they have the Humminbird 859ci HD Combo for $550 also. I need help choosing between the two of them. I fish Lake Winnabago for the most part.
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
5/13/14 @ 7:58 PM
Theory
User since 3/21/05
humminbird + ipilot = trollers dream. i use um both on bago/michigan.
5/1/14 @ 4:48 PM
Frosty142
User since 4/4/14
I stated "phased out" as meaning they are being pulled away from the Minnkota product compatibility line. With Humming bird and Minnkota one and the same, parts and accessories between Minnkota and Lowrance will soon be gone. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Elite 7 model from Lowrance, but when I purchased my Terrova last year, I found it very difficult to get anything for the Lowrance units to make it work with the Terrova trolling motor. After a little digging, I discovered Minnkota was in with Hummingbird! Sorry for the confusion.
5/1/14 @ 4:28 PM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08
That is a great price on both units.I have had birds for ever,starting with the super 30 all of my birds have lasted as long as I have owned the boat.Every boat I owned for 10 years so I am a bird man.
5/1/14 @ 10:48 AM
Forgehunter67
User since 6/19/09
Lowrance being phased out???? now that is funny stuff right there... they are not being phased out... not sure where your pulling that info from... I am a bird fan, but the Elite 7 is a very nice unit for the money if you are leaning towards Lowrance...
5/1/14 @ 7:49 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
User since 4/1/12
there is also a nice rebate on the elite 7's right now as well. thats funny you say lowrance is being phased out, must be throwing cash away hand and foot with the new touch units and now the chirp units out this year. dont see lowrance going anywere anytime soon. i have had both units both great units, but i would go with the elite 7 for the wide screen feature, and being able to see nav, graph, structure scan all on one screen and not too cluttered.
4/30/14 @ 8:50 PM
Frosty142
User since 4/4/14
If you have a Minnkota with I-Pilot, go Hummingbird. Minnkota and Hummingbird are one and the same now. Lowrance is slowly being phased out.
4/30/14 @ 7:13 PM
ESOX68
ESOX68
User since 2/21/06
I have a Lowrance and like so far. I think it's like the Ford Chevy thing, it depends on what one you own.
4/29/14 @ 2:45 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
I guess they all have lemons in the bunch. My experience with Lowrance is the same as yours with Humminbird.
4/29/14 @ 2:25 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07
Personally I will never buy another humminbird after this winter had to send 2 units in for repair 3 times each to get the issues taken care of and got lied to on the phone about what they "fixed" one needed a transducer the other one needed a head unit they did eventually get them fixed but took a month and I had to pay for shipping 3 times on each unit I will stick to lowrance I have 4 lowrance units between 2 boats and have never had an issue with them
4/29/14 @ 2:05 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
Humminbird. I will never buy a Lowrance again.
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE