LOGIN
Lake-Link

Navionics APP - Your App Version Is Phasing Out

8/5/20 @ 11:09 AM
ORIGINAL POST
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

received an email from Navionics that they are phasing out the APP I am using...

MIGRATE YOUR DATA FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT

On Aug. 11, we will retire support for the Navionics® Boating app. To continue receiving support and to access new features, we recommend that you download the new Navionics app, Boating HD Marine & Lakes1, and transfer your data to the new app.

After transferring your data to the new app, view your charts, data, settings and more in the Boating HD Marine & Lakes app.

link to Navionics "learn more" https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/post/switch-from-older-android-apps-by-august-1?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=android_removal&utm_content=en_1

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/7/20 @ 5:43 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I'll stick to my Fishidy App for my phone and I still have the same GPS from almost 15 years ago (Lowrance H20) that still works great, so I have that mounted in my boat as well.  I do NOT  like the GPS on my Humminbird so I rarely use it.  

8/6/20 @ 10:33 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I did the update a while ago, now that it is a yearly subscription, I have let it expire, and I still have the original $10 version that still works

...the email I got seemed like something to share in case someone was interested or forgot

8/5/20 @ 1:27 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I noticed they have been trying to get me to update for a while now.  Looks like mine works yet in offline mode.  I don't really use any other features so as long as I have the charts yet I'll probably stick with the old one.  Even if it doesn't work on future phones, I'll just keep my current one for the charts.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.