Lake-Link

Mississippi River above LynxVille

1/24/18 @ 8:35 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Monkeymaster
User since 2/22/17

Hello,

Drove along the river from Prairie Du Chien,

I noticed above the Lynnville lock and dam the river is extremely wide and there is no islands, chutes or backwaters.

In this large expanse of river, how much of it is boatable, how much is fishable?

Is there channels other than the main channel, marked by bouyes ?

I guess to those that fish and boat it, could you give me a quick run down of general boating and fishing of this area.

I fish pool 11, completely different water and features.

I apologize if this sounds ignorant, but I never have driven this in the summer to see the boaters and fishing of this area.

Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/13/18 @ 6:55 PM
Monkeymaster
User since 2/22/17

Wow

Nice walleye, good of you to let it go back and make some more !

Thanks 

3/13/18 @ 1:32 PM
pikeslayer101
User since 3/12/18

Just released my pet goldfish here let me know if someone catches it.

2/26/18 @ 6:26 PM
twistertom
twistertom
User since 3/16/15
I would look for wing dams, rocky shorelines, depth changes - especially where it comes up to a sand/gravel flat, main channel offshoots etc. 

2/26/18 @ 6:06 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

I fish Lynnville float and by boat so l can only tell you what I know about that area.  There is a lot of back waters to the West of the dam.  A little tricky getting back there by boat but there is a spillway about a quarter mile down. When we fish on the float we would sometimes walk that quarter mile down to the spillway and catch a few fish. I believe the  only part of that river system that is marked  is where the barges go through and wing dams. Things could have changed because I have not been there for quite a while. Getting too old to make that trip now days.

This is an old pic of a monster I  caught years ago and released.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.