Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Making turns when trolling with planer boards

9/9/14 @ 10:54 PM
ORIGNAL POST
shawn114
User since 9/30/13
When trolling with planer boards, I have offshore boards, is there any trick when making a turn to go back over a spot etc..? should I not turn to fast or to slow,when I want to make another pass, or is there a keel weight to put on to aid in making turns?

Thanx,

Shawn

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/11/14 @ 10:23 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Regarding cranks: Run baits that go deeper with shorter leads, then you can turn more sharp. Easier with a 30' lead than 100', that sort of thing.

9/10/14 @ 7:58 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02
The farther out the boards on the inside of the turn the wider the turn will need to be. As RR mentioned if you tighten the inside boards in you can turn tighter. Increasing speed helps if you have sinking baits/lines (e.g. leadcore) on the inside since the inside boards essentially slow down when turning and the baits/line can sink to the bottom if you turn too tight.

9/10/14 @ 7:44 AM
Red Rider
User since 6/26/01
If you need to make a quicker turn you can help prevent tangles buy sucking the boards on the inside of the turn tighter to the boat and speed up. I have seen it work.

9/10/14 @ 1:55 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
Same speed just need to do a big turn and give yourself plenty of room to get everything tracking property after your turn to hit your spot again. Ive tried faster slower ect ect never found anything that makes much of a differance.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.