LOGIN
Lake-Link

Looking

4/16/18 @ 10:48 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Reba`s daddy
Reba`s daddy
User since 11/8/16

I live in south central wi.  Looking for a nice bass fishing lake or river within a 3-4 hour drive.I have a couple of 4 day week ends coming in late April.Looking to do some shore fishing for bass.Maybe a smaller community with good fishing in the area.

Updated 1:45 pm.Is Il. game season closed like Wi.?I just assumed it was open year round like Ind.I guess i will wait a while for this adventure.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/17/18 @ 3:26 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Illinois is open all year.  It's been cold here as well so everything is a little behind.  Central Illinois has a few nice lakes like Shelbyville, Clinton, Evergreen, etc.  Southern Illinois lakes should be on fire with Crappie within the next couple weeks, but that appears to be a little bit farther than you want to go.

4/16/18 @ 10:41 PM
bassball
User since 7/25/07

Illinois is open all year. Not a lot of lakes with access in northern Illinois.  The chain of lakes has a wide variety of species and is relatively easy to fish. Most bass that i have caught have been by accident.  You need a chain sticker to put a boat in. Free ramp at the state park.

4/16/18 @ 8:17 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

Right I fish the Mississippi all the time I was asking more about inland lakes

4/16/18 @ 2:20 PM
skarbo1
User since 2/3/05

The season is open all year on the Mississippi........The trick is where to go.......

4/16/18 @ 11:45 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

Doesn’t bass start on opening day on most lakes or did they start a catch and release season? Thought I heard talk about it. 

4/16/18 @ 11:24 AM
twistertom
twistertom
User since 3/16/15

Dutch Hollow

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.