SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Livingston Lures

10/11/19 @ 8:40 AM
INITIAL POST
1 bottom bouncer
User since 9/12/17

Recently.....I was digging through the discount/closeout bin and ran across this lure that looked interesting.  A crank bait with a big lip, and has rattles and batteries inside.  So it's 1/3 the list price and I had to buy it.  This lure makes funny chirping noises which is supposed to imitate shad as they are fleeing en mass.  I trolled this lure and caught three bass in 20 minutes.  As I'm putting the boat away I notice the lure lighting up and shutting off, then lighting up and shutting off again.  I called the company and asked how to turn off the light so the batteries don't wear out.  They said there must be an issue and sent me another lure of my choice.  Not only is it refreshing to find a company that stands behind their product, but these lures out fish Rapala's 2 to 1.  Look them up. Not cheap but they work.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
10/27/19 @ 9:59 AM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Good tip JKB.I will have to pick some up. Seems like a good application turning terminal tackle into an attractant rather than a plain piece a metal. 

10/21/19 @ 9:21 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I wanted to try a few out for muskies...talked to a few guys that purchased a few and were running them.  No luck yet.  Seems like only the guys who make them are catching fish on them....which is always a little "fishy" to me.

I bought like 6 Sound Science bucktails due to Pete and the show.  Couldn't get them bit at all.  Went back to my "normal" bucktails and started getting fish again.  Could be the bait, could be confidence in the bait, too.  But...I quickly sold those Sound Science bucktails and got most of my money back on them.

10/17/19 @ 8:47 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

I tried one in Canada this summer for about an hour. No takers. However I was back trolling with it and might've been more effective throwing it.

10/17/19 @ 7:19 AM
1 bottom bouncer
User since 9/12/17

Comes to find out that it was a discontinued model, but they still replaced it for free

10/11/19 @ 4:43 PM
Jeff Bolander
Jeff Bolander
User since 8/25/13

Pete Maina turned me on to these.  We sold the heck out of them in our Dewey Catchem and How bait shop in Minocqua last summer.  They really do work.  I love the balanced buoyancy as they sink.  I too am surprised you found them in a bargain bin.

10/11/19 @ 8:44 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

This is the brand that Pete Maina is always talking about on Waters and Woods. Hard to believe you got one in a discount bin as I thought they were pretty new. Cool that they stand behind the product, though. How is the action of the lure compared to a Rapala?

When he first started talking about these I questioned the legality of them (to myelf), but seeing him throwing them in MN on television answers that apparently!

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE