LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Live Bait is Getting So Expensive! Picking Nightcrawlers for Fishing!

5/22/24 @ 1:50 PM
INITIAL POST
Oak & Iron Outdoors
User since 6/18/22

Save yourself some money and pick your own crawlers. Here is how I pick them and how to store them and keep em' alive all summer.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
6/11/24 @ 12:38 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I also don't get very many crawlers in my yard, not even during big rain events.  I dig up a few when turning up my garden but instead of taking those I let them grow.  If I had tons of crawlers I wouldn't feel so bad taking a few, but I can dig up my entire garden and only see 2 or 3 crawlers!  Garden worms, on the other hand those work excellent for panfish and I grab those whenever I get the chance!
6/7/24 @ 6:24 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06
I don't have any crawlers in my yard. Must be cursed. We had tons of em growing up in Pennsylvania. I live in SE Wisconsin now. Yard is all rocks.
5/30/24 @ 7:17 PM
jimbo55will
User since 1/17/07
One extra step that I do is after collecting the crawlers in my bucket is to rinse them off with the same bottled water that you use to wet the bedding. It just keeps the grass and dirt and stuff out of your bedding box where it could mold.
5/30/24 @ 1:28 PM
uplander
uplander
User since 10/6/09
8 bucks for 2 dozen thunder bugs...............
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar A Spinng Reel
Ceymar A Spinng Reel
Okuma's Ceymar A spinning reels offer superior performance, with a multi-disc, oiled felt drag system. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar A Spinng Reel

MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Minn Kota Talon
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE