Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

license

3/12/20 @ 1:54 PM
ORIGNAL POST
rottenfisher1
rottenfisher1
User since 11/8/10

If someone buys a fishing license today, does it expire on March 31, or is it good for another year?
Thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/26/20 @ 11:36 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

lakeshiner....

I wouldn't have had a clue about it if my son in law and myself didn't have an argu/discussion about it a year ago....sort of surprised me at the time also...

3/26/20 @ 8:04 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

prop-buster - You are right, I checked into it.  The reason I wasn't sure is because you don't actually get a sticker with the Patrons license.  You just get essentially a coupon to turn in for the sticker when you go to one of the parks.  I assumed its the same sticker everyone would get, but I see its supposed to be good for the same period as the license is.

3/25/20 @ 10:25 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Prop, a license purchased now will be good until March 31,2021. 

3/15/20 @ 7:53 PM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18

I guess one thing good about turning into a senior is my fishing license and state park sticker is $20 total

3/15/20 @ 2:33 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

One thing to keep in mind with your Patron's license is no matter if the vehicle has a park sticker or is even yours you can get a pass for the length of time camping or whatever in said park. Yes the Patron's park sticker expires March 31 not sure on the annual stickers.

3/13/20 @ 2:33 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

lakeshiner I think you are wrong on the State Park sticker...my son in law gets a Patron license and he tells me the expiration date is on the sticker (31st)....I like the license expiration the 31st because it is my birthday so I remember it....yes it is all about me.

one interesting thing I found out after changing vehicles...didn't bother scraping off any stickers because I was gonna get new ones anyway...it all worked out except one...(happens to be Adam's County but there may be more)...theirs go from April to April...so the new one I bought will not go into affect until April 1st...didn't get the old one off to cover it...oh well, live and learn....

3/13/20 @ 1:14 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I never noticed that about the State Park stickers.  I get a Patron's license every year so its included.  But it would then expire 12/31 yet my license is good until 3/31...so I don't technically have a sticker for 3 months.  Seems wrong, granted I don't use it then.

3/13/20 @ 12:53 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

As soon as they start selling 2020 fishing licenses, vs 2019's the license is good until March 31st of the following year.  So if you buy one now it's a 2020 fishing license, not a 2019.  Personally I wish they'd go back to January 1st to December 31st...was much easier to remember, but there were many that complained because that was in the middle of the ice fishing season and they'd forget to buy a new license, or something like that. Wish boat launch passes were that way as well, at least in my area they're until March 31st of the next year. State Park stickers are still January 1st to December 31st.  Make it universal!

3/13/20 @ 3:49 AM
rottenfisher1
rottenfisher1
User since 11/8/10

Thanks percheye1!

3/12/20 @ 3:42 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Licenses purchased now are good till March 31 2021

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.