MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Last fishing trip of the year

10/21/20 @ 10:58 PM
INITIAL POST
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13

The last time you know that you will be wetting a line this year. It is a bitter sweet feeling you get as the time grows closer and closer to the predetermined time you have chosen to head back to the landing. I always like to have that one last fish hit just before you start the motor to head back in. But alas it was not meant to be.  Not an ice fisherman but feeling as empty as I do now, I may have to be!

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
10/27/20 @ 8:45 AM
stealthh20
User since 2/18/09

One thing that makes it tough is that the fishing seasons are open pretty much all year, somewhere for something. Back in the old days it was easy because the season was closed. Period! Like hunting season. I think its how you transition to the next outdoor activity.  There is always great anticipation over a long winter of getting gear ready for opening day once again.

10/23/20 @ 1:43 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

It's always bitter sweet when I winterize the boat. Sad another year of open water is done, but excited to ice fish.

It's also bitter sweet being on the ice the last day of the year. I always stop and turn around when I'm walking off the ice and think "well, this is it till next year". It's sad to put the stuff away, but I'm excited to get the boat out for spring perch and walleye. 

That's the nice thing about living in Wisconsin, for me there is always something to be looking forward to. Getting ready for a few weeks of bowhunting now, then gun season, then ice fishing, then sturgeon spearing, then late ice fishing, then spring walleye/ perch in the boat, then turkey hunting, then morel mushrooms, then summer and all of the activities that brings and repeat. 

10/22/20 @ 9:52 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I get that same feeling every year when I have to hang up the ice fishing equipment.  And being that I live in Southern Wisconsin, that time comes too soon most years!  In the 22 years I've lived in Southern Wisconsin now only twice have I been able to walk on ice in April.  When I lived up in Green Bay where I was raised I can hardly remember a year I wasn't on the ice somewhere in April! Heck, I even remember still driving out a couple of times the first week of April!

10/22/20 @ 8:18 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I know the feeling. Winterizing my boat is always one of the saddest days of the year. I'm hoping I can find a brave soul to get out with on Saturday as that could very well be the last outing. But in reality not many of my friends fish and those that do are sissies lol

I do strongly recommend taking up ice fishing, though. I honestly like it more than open water fishing.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE