Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Larry Smith fishing show

2/13/21 @ 4:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Edge
USER SINCE 2/28/07

Perch fishing in 80' of water. Nice perch but unfortunately no catch and release at that depth. Bet the crowds will be gathered on that area after seeing the show.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 27 OF 27 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

2/20/21 @ 7:58 AM
CHISEL
USER SINCE 6/19/01

Hey crobar not only did you have to handline the fish in but first you had to use a spud to make a hole. If you were lucky you found an abandoned hole which saved a lot of work. I remember seeing a few guys with spoon augers and even that was a lot of work. I still have a spoon auger in the garage just for memories.  

2/19/21 @ 9:48 PM
crobar
USER SINCE 6/19/01

Hey Gordon this was the cork we used ...way back on our Mendota rigs ...hand lining those Perch from the deep those were the days...then we went to Swish rods. It was an interesting show. Walking out 1 1/2 miles from Gov. Island is also a no go for me anymore.

2/19/21 @ 7:36 PM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

Great show. 

2/14/21 @ 11:25 PM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER SINCE 12/15/08

i can remember when my dad took me there now pushing 60 years ago. We used a “rod” which was like a 3ft piece of oak 1x2 with two thread spools affixed to it to wrap the line around Which was a fly line. We had a lead pencil type weight with a dropper and #10 Aberdeen hook with a black eyed Susan Grub. And a big old “cork”  bobber sized to the pencil weight so it just barely floated. I still have these from dads estate. They worked good then maybe I should dig em out and try em again except it’s too cold for these old bones.....

2/14/21 @ 7:00 PM
Bug zapper 2
USER SINCE 10/7/18

Boy those perch die quick when brought up from those depths!

2/13/21 @ 7:19 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

Edge, it doesn't matter if the crowds go to that spot after the show.  Those perch roam that entire lake and aren't there for more than a day or two.  The people who fish that lake know this.  Sure there might be a few stranglers, but believe me, go to that exact spot tomorrow and it won't be the same.  Also, chances are Larry and that crew were there a week ago already, so I doubt the fish will be in that same area anymore.  Just talking from experience out there.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 27 OF 27 POSTS
Advertise here
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.