Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Larry Smith fishing show

2/13/21 @ 4:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Edge
USER SINCE 2/28/07

Perch fishing in 80' of water. Nice perch but unfortunately no catch and release at that depth. Bet the crowds will be gathered on that area after seeing the show.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 61 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/26/21 @ 12:37 PM
Gillripper
USER SINCE 6/21/01

On the "Tournament" PodCast he clearly calls "out not B.O.B." but says "the other big tournament" states they "killed thousands of fish this year."  Little does he know in 2 days they only caught 1929 fish. Kill rate was under 750. They had a great release of 76% this year. Get the facts before you spout off about things Larry. 

7/25/21 @ 12:16 PM
Quester
USER SINCE 1/28/07

I wish larry would stop pushing his arm chair fish biologist agenda!  Unless something major in the Winnebago system has changed dramatically let the fish biologists do their work.

They pushed the 3 fish limit and it's here, I remember the 15" size limit, it failed because the fish stunted out trying to reach the 15" size because they ate them self out of forage.

Right now the minnows are very abundant, their are more shiner minnows in the system than I remember.

A 15" size limit will make the bigger fish vulnerable when the forage base gets low.

These are not my theories, I've lived in this area over 70 years and attended DNR meetings over 40 years at least, this is what was presented at some of the meetings.

What they told us present at some of the meetings that their was more fish than their was room for spawning marshes. In other words, more fish than the marshes could handle.

If something has changed drastically, the DNR can always implement emergency rules.

7/12/21 @ 5:50 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER SINCE 12/19/10

He mentioned at the end that MRD construction company is a new sponsor. 

7/11/21 @ 10:03 PM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER SINCE 12/15/08

What was with the safety hat? Let me rephrase that.....What was with the undersized safety hat?
we called them bump caps where I worked.....

6/23/21 @ 4:37 PM
mlures
USER SINCE 4/19/10

Any idea what lake Larry was fishing last week for crappies and walleyes?

6/21/21 @ 7:52 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09

Catch and release spawning gills, despite them being the most numerous fish in the lake = Bad

Catch and release spawning walleyes in Depere = Good

Keep a limit of fish occasionally, even though the limit is set for safe harvest = Bad

Its funny to me how people rationalize things.

6/20/21 @ 7:53 AM
gobbler
MEMBER SINCE 6/30/01

He preaches catch and release but I remember before limit on bago switched to three fish ice fishing year before change he had no problem throwing 5 eyes each on the ice with his partner. 

6/18/21 @ 2:42 PM
Hale
USER SINCE 1/6/07

To be fair people should contact Larry Smith directly and share your views; then judge on his reaction...?   At least give him a chance to acknowledge that some viewers don't appreciate something... 

On him fishing beds.  Studies show it is OK as long as the fish aren't kept.  If anyone has any evidence that predation or anything else takes place that quickly in the amount of time a (male) fish is off the bed, please share.  Hard to get critical if they are not keeping that many and releasing the bigger ones; as often the dominant males take the premier spawning locations.  That is why in private pond management the number of spawning area/beds allowed to exist are limited.  The idea being that genetically superior fish are mainly the ones reproducing.  

6/18/21 @ 1:56 PM
Kutt2
USER SINCE 10/31/15

Tickling a big guy's dinger with a St. Croix while he pees. I am just surprised there is following for that.   

6/18/21 @ 11:44 AM
Goalie Dad
Goalie Dad
USER SINCE 9/13/20

Nothing offends me; well almost nothing but it's not worth getting booted for telling you what does.

I wasn't offended by Big B pissing off the boat, but they didn't have to show the actual piss, did they? Remember, that show is originally aired in the A.M. when people are drinking coffee, juice...............or Mountain Dew.   

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 61 POSTS
Advertise here
New CUSTOM Colors! The perfect choice when you want a lure that runs straight and true, even when running fast and deep. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Down Deep Husky Jerk - NEW Custom Colors
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.