Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Larry Smith fishing show

2/13/21 @ 4:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Edge
USER SINCE 2/28/07

Perch fishing in 80' of water. Nice perch but unfortunately no catch and release at that depth. Bet the crowds will be gathered on that area after seeing the show.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 56 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/21/21 @ 7:52 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09

Catch and release spawning gills, despite them being the most numerous fish in the lake = Bad

Catch and release spawning walleyes in Depere = Good

Keep a limit of fish occasionally, even though the limit is set for safe harvest = Bad

Its funny to me how people rationalize things.

6/20/21 @ 7:53 AM
gobbler
MEMBER SINCE 6/30/01

He preaches catch and release but I remember before limit on bago switched to three fish ice fishing year before change he had no problem throwing 5 eyes each on the ice with his partner. 

6/18/21 @ 2:42 PM
Hale
USER SINCE 1/6/07

To be fair people should contact Larry Smith directly and share your views; then judge on his reaction...?   At least give him a chance to acknowledge that some viewers don't appreciate something... 

On him fishing beds.  Studies show it is OK as long as the fish aren't kept.  If anyone has any evidence that predation or anything else takes place that quickly in the amount of time a (male) fish is off the bed, please share.  Hard to get critical if they are not keeping that many and releasing the bigger ones; as often the dominant males take the premier spawning locations.  That is why in private pond management the number of spawning area/beds allowed to exist are limited.  The idea being that genetically superior fish are mainly the ones reproducing.  

6/18/21 @ 1:56 PM
Kutt2
USER SINCE 10/31/15

Tickling a big guy's dinger with a St. Croix while he pees. I am just surprised there is following for that.   

6/18/21 @ 11:44 AM
Goalie Dad
Goalie Dad
USER SINCE 9/13/20

Nothing offends me; well almost nothing but it's not worth getting booted for telling you what does.

I wasn't offended by Big B pissing off the boat, but they didn't have to show the actual piss, did they? Remember, that show is originally aired in the A.M. when people are drinking coffee, juice...............or Mountain Dew.   

6/18/21 @ 11:37 AM
Jeff_J
USER SINCE 7/15/01

I don't get it he is having fun thats what its all about,i love the show the humor goes along nice with the here's how we do it presentation ,its not just a bunch of guys reeling in fish,i hope he doesn't change a dam thing .KEEP IT REAL

6/15/21 @ 4:14 PM
Bug zapper 2
USER SINCE 10/7/18

I like Larry less the last few months he’s getting pretty bad

6/14/21 @ 10:37 AM
Shad
USER SINCE 8/27/01

Sadly I have watched the last of his show.  Seeing him last week preach how people need to catch and release and protect fish, while fishing bluegill beds?  Pretty simple, if you truly want to protect them, don't fish them while they are spawning.  There is no way fish are not harmed by doing this.  

Actually getting sick of all the talk of people NOW saying catch and release, practice what you preach.  Katch and Kill is ok as long as the camera is off, I don't think so!

6/14/21 @ 10:29 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09

Reminds me of when I worked at a grocery store in high school.  Customers would complain and say they'll never be back.  Week later, there they are again.

I only say that because I have seen people say the same thing on the Gillespie page, yet they comment later that they watched another episode.

6/14/21 @ 5:35 AM
Paranoid Percher
USER SINCE 8/19/18

so none of you guys seen a guy pee off the back of the boat B4 it is nature calling

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 56 POSTS
Advertise here
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.