LOGIN
Lake-Link

Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 5:56 AM
ORIGNAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 308 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/25/20 @ 11:49 AM
gloomis
User since 7/2/01

Deep Water Perch Sinkers 

https://www.dicksmithslivebait.com/store/deep-water-perch-sinker-1/

2/22/20 @ 10:55 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

faster and untangled

2/20/20 @ 2:24 PM
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15

I have used the coat hanger method, it is easy to make and works very well.  Just cut a straight piece of wire coat hanger about 8 inches long.  Flatten both ends and drill a hole through, to which you add your snap swivels.  Your dropper line below the weight needs to be shorter than the weight or it will tangle on the way down.

2/20/20 @ 1:26 PM
benuts
benuts
User since 1/19/02

Wow, what a great buy rikj!

2/20/20 @ 11:01 AM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

Wango, The swivels are inserted into the tubing and then the tubing was crimped with a vise or vise grip around the swivel. I will try to post a better picture later today.........It must have taken some time to get the mono leads just the right length to hook into the opposite  swivel hole to avoid tangles........

2/19/20 @ 1:49 PM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

I bought all of my neighbor's old ice fishing gear about 10 years ago when he hung it up. He had some deepwater gear from his "perchin" days in Madison. They have been collecting dust in my garage since then. I took a few pictures to show how he rigged his old Swish rods up. The copper is about .25" diameter and rigged with short mono leads with different color/style jigs on one end and a plain swivel on the oppisite end.  It looks like it would be very easy to swap out a new jig with this set-up. I noticed he had some made from coathangers but may have never been used as there is no hardware attached. I am not sure if this was the prefered set-up?

2/19/20 @ 1:19 PM
betsoff
MEMBER since 7/6/05

i dont like people that eat bugs smith eats bugs gillespie has snot running down his face i will not watch either one of them they are pathetic

2/18/20 @ 8:17 PM
perch_master
perch_master
User since 7/7/06

Between Gillespie (and his antics regarding Blake/Josh) and Smith putting Lance's number out there for the ladies, I think all our fishing shows are heading to the wayside and turning into the Dating Game!!

2/18/20 @ 4:40 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

lol,  that's what I was thinking... the boys finally got ol Lance a few dates! hahaha

2/18/20 @ 3:15 PM
perch_master
perch_master
User since 7/7/06

Probably has too many dates and doesn't have time...or just busy with the guiding??

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 308 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.