LOGIN
Lake-Link

Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 4:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
User since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 375 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/1/20 @ 7:24 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I watched this show, stopping the fast forward function every now and then.  Honestly?  Seemed like a fun show.  Buddy fishing.  Not overly serious.  Yah, I didn't care for the depends shot.  Didn't care for the lampray thing, but, they both fit with the general theme of this show, which was buddy fishing.  

9/29/20 @ 8:26 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I don't mind the humor, but some things might be better kept among friends and not shared... being a mini jackass show is not appealing to a lot of people... 

I watch because I have picked up some nice tips, they're there if you pay attention, just like Gillespie's show

9/29/20 @ 7:38 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I've not yet seen the show with the Lamprey.  It's on the DVR.  I mostly delete the show, but maybe I'll watch that one and see how it is.

I turn most of them off because I find his show to be one big commercial.  Very little fishing, more advertising than anything else.  I get that he has to do it that way, it's just not very interesting to me.

9/28/20 @ 12:32 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Yeah the last show was a bit goofy but when did fishing become so serious?  I’ll take the Larry Smith show over Gillespie any day. 

9/28/20 @ 11:40 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

The different perspectives are interesting.  I find Gillespie boring and predictable, if you watch a year worth of shows you don't need to watch the following year.  When he actually retires they can just replay the previous year and claim them to be new shows, no one will notice.

With Larry he actually goes hunting occasionally and does other things on his FB or YouTube channel like magnet fishing, etc.  More entertaining to me since he changes it up.  Does some dumb things for the camera, but I'm fine with it.  You either have that type of personality or you don't.  

9/28/20 @ 9:40 AM
mp50
MEMBER since 12/30/12

Met Larry he is a hard worker puts in a lot of hours yes Larry can be a nut a times but it is good clean fun take it with a grain of salt the man is just making a living better then the news about people rioting and protesting for law breakers

9/28/20 @ 8:35 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

definitely not a dead lamprey, it was squirming around pretty good for a dead one...

9/28/20 @ 8:21 AM
uplander
uplander
User since 10/6/09

Ya I wasnt impressed with todays show, but with all that said I really aint much of a Larry Smith fan. I watch the shows yes but he just dont do it for me. I like Gillespie and his daughter alot more. 

9/28/20 @ 7:22 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01
I think back in the springtime they also did a show with them wearing depends cause all of the bathrooms were closed this past spring.  Wonder what's the excuse this time?  Larry must be running out of crazy things to do and wants to try and keep the funny in the show going. Having stinker in the boat with him and him picking up skunk poop and throwing it overboard (might've been only a YouTube segment, not a whole show, I'm not sure) was classless too, I thought.

My dad and I hired Larry as a guide 15 years ago and he was one of the best guides I've ever hired.  Definitely not that silly personality when you're his client, so I know it's all for show. I learned more about the Winnebago and Wolf River system in a day with him than I have fishing that river my whole life!

9/28/20 @ 5:43 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
I originally thought that Larry switched out the lamprey with the Dead one

I watched the video on Facebook and appears that was not happening he kept putting it back in out of that bucket and I thought maybe there was a second one in there

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 375 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.