LOGIN
Lake-Link

Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 4:56 AM
ORIGNAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 253 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/30/19 @ 10:07 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Fish from 21" through 23" may be kept....who wants fish that big anyhow? Some do, I know, but not me. I'd much rather fish Winnebago and keep a limit of 14 inch walleyes. At least I know they'll taste good! There's a lake by me that has an 18 inch minimum on walleye and bass and I don't fish them there because I don't want one that big! I do like their slots on northern though. None between 30-40 inches. I wish most of our lakes had that rule! Wouldn't work on every lake, but man there are so many lakes in our state with 24 inch northern that we can't keep. Give me a 24 inch northern over ANY other species of fish that swims in our lakes! They are the best eating fish there is, in my opinion! 

7/30/19 @ 10:00 AM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

7/30/19 @ 8:28 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

Agree Grandad...that's why I wrote overfished/harvested. 

7/29/19 @ 5:06 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

That lake handled sport fishing just fine , when the tribal regulations were introduced the problems started!

7/29/19 @ 9:27 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

MN is trying to protect that Walleye fishery because it was severely overfished/harvested forever. I wonder what took so long to slot them or have lower bag limits. 

I have a nephew (on my wife's side and who lives in the south shore Mille Lacs area) who I used to fish with when my wife visited family. I COULD NOT BELIEVE the Walleyes that guys were pulling out of that lake. I was laughed at when I would mention it was a matter of time before stiffer regulations.  Little did everybody know that the MNDNR would totally shut down Walleye fishing. 

IMO, I don't think they should be even fishing for them YET...a limit of one isn't worth killing fish.  I agree that pulling them out of the water into the heat this time of year just adds to the mortality rate. 

7/29/19 @ 8:36 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

they were fishing Mille Lacs, they may have mentioned the slot a couple times, but here's the current regulations

www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/millelacs.html

pretty impressive average size on those eyes, got some nice tips on where and how, even what to look for on your finder... nice show

7/29/19 @ 7:25 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

I wish Larry would announce at the beginning of the show what the regs are for keeping fish. Also, I don't care how careful you are when releasing those large walleyes, some aren't going to make it

7/28/19 @ 7:05 AM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18

Bobber fishing for nice eyes. My favorite method.Don’t really know why that kid was along he had zero interest in fishing.When I was his age I couldn’t get enough bobber time!

7/12/19 @ 11:36 AM
whatsnew1978
User since 1/24/14

in the last show Larry is perch fishing on bago and he drags his anchor to stir up the bottom. I thought I read awhile ago that this was illegal, anyone know for sure? can't find anything now that says either way. I guess if it doesn't matter if the wind is blowing you'll be dragging it anyways.

6/4/19 @ 7:23 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Edit:  The beginning of the show is definitely in Monona.  The yellow house right away, and that condo building put it in Monona.  The one bridge I didn't recognize at first but they went all the way up to the Tenney Park Locks on Mendota. That's quite the boat ride at night from Monona all the way to Mendota!

I lived in Monona for a few years, matter of fact I lived right on the river by one of the bridges they fished.  I used to fish walleyes right there and always caught walleyes opening weekend but after that it was always way too weedy in there to cast a crankbait or jig.  Funny though, about 200 yards downstream where I lived I couldn't catch a single walleye off my dock!

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 253 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.