Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 5:56 AM
ORIGNAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 325 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/29/20 @ 8:25 PM
Scout n Mike
User since 3/2/20

Limit is 5 walleye & 20 perch per day. Possession is double that. Although the weather worked against our party of 6, we had 4 perch over 10 inches after two days. Seems the perch population is down and our guides wanted us to fish for northerns.

3/29/20 @ 6:24 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

Ive just seen greatly reduced max limits in the past 20 years. The most glaring was probably Mille Lacs recently....totally shut down. 

Those are beautiful fish, I just hope they are very careful about how many fish they haul in over there

3/29/20 @ 6:07 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

Arod....go back under your bed with your binky....he stated in earlier vids that he will still keep fishing....don't like it don't watch the show.....

good one Rich.....good luck with telling them out there how to manage their fish LMAO

3/29/20 @ 2:17 PM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

Scout and Mike, Thanks for explaining. With that said maybe a disclaiming to start the program would have been beneficial. The show gave the impression that there was no regard for the stay at home decree and social distancing. Stay safe and healthy!

3/29/20 @ 12:26 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

Whats the limit on Perch out there? The catch they showed was certainly A LOT. I won't speculate the number.

Multiply that times thousands of anglers. 

How long will that hold up? 

3/29/20 @ 11:42 AM
Scout n Mike
User since 3/2/20

That show was done on March 15 & 16th. We were out with Perch Eyes on the 13th & 14th, so that was all before the current situation we are in. 

3/29/20 @ 8:00 AM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

Just got done watching Larry Smith's show this morning. He was on a trip to Devils Lake. Was this a repeat of a previous show? I sure hope it was because there was no mention of co-vid 19 and absolutely no social distancing going on.

3/19/20 @ 6:22 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

First fish you get on a fly you made yourself is a serious rush!

3/19/20 @ 5:42 PM
Cat Man J.J.
User since 5/9/03

Crawdaddy is right you don't need a $500 fly rod to get into fly fishing and welder you will probably be surprised how fast you get the hang of it.

I have a steelhead on the wall of my office at work that I caught on a fly rod with a fly I tied, that was a great day.

3/19/20 @ 1:25 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

Welder... I start by teaching the basic rhythm of the cast in a wide open area.  No hook.  Then when ready to try live... go in a boat and make sure nothing is behind boat to get line tangled.  Also want to avoid winds over 10 mph... at least at first. Seems scary or hard... but when you hook up?  That rush is pretty awesome.  See a fish hit on 90% of casts?  Well, that just becomes pure angling bliss... I am about 2-3 weeks away from days like that.... virus is not stopping me.  Usually the only trailer at the landing anyway.... 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 325 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.