LOGIN
Lake-Link

Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 4:56 AM
ORIGNAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 257 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/24/20 @ 5:06 PM
Coolhog
User since 10/7/18

That's a no-brainer.... Smith any day over Gillespie.

1/24/20 @ 7:00 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

If ur gonna have a tv show in the hunting/fishing industry your going to need sponsors and your going to need to promote your sponsors, that’s what pays the bills. I think Larry has a great show.  Personally I’d rather watch him over Gillespie. 

1/23/20 @ 6:39 AM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

He ate like that many years ago too! My wife would make chocolate chip cookies and he would eat till they were gone! Lol. CARPIO 

1/21/20 @ 12:25 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Decent show but the empty shotgun hulls on the landing net are as bad of an example of being a sponsor whore as Gillespie (i.e.: frabill, jiffy, Yamaha).

Shotgun Chef is good to watch.

1/21/20 @ 12:21 PM
benuts
benuts
User since 1/19/02

I enjoy watching his shows.  Hunting & fishing.  They are always eating, lol!

1/21/20 @ 8:44 AM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

I’ve fished with LARRY for at least 30 years!  I learned a lot from him. CARPIO 

1/21/20 @ 8:07 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Lake Geneva walleyes and Big Green walleyes ... at night

great show this weekend first at Lake Geneva casting for walleyes at night... they got some beautiful walleyes, some nice eaters and some tanks! Casting weed edges and pockets .. was a nice father and son show with Larry and Shotgun Schafer and their sons

then they tried same tactic on Big Green and were more successful trolling out away from the weed edge, demonstrating that the fish aren't always in the same spot...

sure looked like fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8FJ8dNOdPQ ...found the show

12/13/19 @ 10:56 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

He's been doing a lot of hunting shows of late. I don't hunt at all but I still like watching how and when they do it. I don't think people comment as much about hunting as fishing. 

I really think he'd be fun to be on the water with for a day! 

12/13/19 @ 5:48 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Have not seen a lot of posts about his shows. He is really diversified , shows many outdoor activities throughout the state besides fishing! Ran into him once in Oconto  Cty. And found him friendly,informative,and Even though he was setting up with clients took a short time to answer a question.I don’t know where he gets his eneregy from but he is always on the go! Great Show Larry and company! Grandad

11/13/19 @ 9:07 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Rich

I have to strongly disagree with your ideas about northerns in Canada. I have caught many northerns in the mid-40 range, the largest being 47 ½ inches. The thrill of catching northerns that size is just as good as catching a musky of that size. I have great respect for large northerns and the proper release of them. I also note that most Canadian fishermen I know are very careful about releasing large northerns. I will continue to learn as much as I can about the best way to release such fish so they survive on future trips to Canada.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 257 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.