LOGIN
Lake-Link

Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 4:56 AM
ORIGNAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 252 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 2:14 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

You're not supposed to move them back-and-forth or rock it side-to-side. Water is supposed to go through the gills in one direction!  You just hold her by the tail upright until they get their equilibrium and muscle strength back. You'll know when it's time to let go. 

I had a lot of respect for what the guide said regarding big fish handling. Holding a big Musky vertical and snapping multiple pictures is a slow death to the fish. 

Regarding Northern Pike in Canada, Canadian anglers don't care much for Northerns; they just want them off. You can't compare the release procedure between a Northern Pike and a Musky. 

11/11/19 @ 8:45 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

I was somewhat skeptical of some of the things stated by the musky experts on this week’s show. While I am not a musky fisherman, I do fish for large northerns in Canada. Many of the things I have learned and have been taught about  releasing large fish were certainly challenged by these “experts” .For instance, I have released many large northerns that I didn’t think would make, by holding them while I’m kneeling in a boat moving them back and forth to get water through the gills. Has anyone else tried the soda pop idea to stop bleeding?

11/10/19 @ 2:23 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Great show today !

my youngest son texted me and 2 other sons a tip Brett Alexander gave, nick a gill, in this case a musky that would be released , put fish on it's back and pour carbonated soda on the gills, blood coagulates and bleeding stop...

Lots of tips from Alexander on handling and releasing muskies, and some tips on presentations 

Good show 

10/22/19 @ 11:37 AM
beer bum
User since 1/9/19

It was mentioned that they were hunting elk on a 20,000 acre ranch.  That hardly seems “canned”.  

10/21/19 @ 4:19 PM
Bobber Down Turtle Flambeau
Jeff Robl
User since 7/10/12

Got home from fishing early, fishing good weather stunk, having a beer and early dinner I don't use lake Link for anything other than posting fishing reports on the turtle Flambeau Flowage site by chance came across this thread while eating.

I did a show with Larry on the tff a few years back, had never met him before, haven't seen him since. I can tell you this about Larry, he is a very good fisherman and a fun guy to have in your boat. The other thing I can tell you is he is a very hard working s.o.b. We met at the boat landing at 7 or 8 in the morning, he had driven the 4 hours that morning prior to meeting me. We fished all day, I had brought all the fixings for a shore lunch, Larry couldn't wait for that! So after fishing we did the shore lunch (dinner), Larry and his crew drove all the way back that night for commitments the next day.  I figured back then he had an 18 or 20 hour day.,

Oh there is one other thing I can tell you, yes he does eat a lot. probaly one of the more memorable treats someone gave me in the boat were the peanut squares Phil the blind had brought. Don't think I had had them since I was a kid delivering morning papers to a bakery shop on my route, the square ,white cake covered with white frosting then coated with finely chopped peanuts. I would definitly do another show with larry if he could find some more of those!

Did a tv show a month ago with a crappie fisherman from Ohio, The show went very well, I had been a little stessed about it prior to the show, I don't do a lot of crappie fishing. I was in Donner's Bay having a couple stress relieving beers, gleeful that the show went well. Russ came into the bar to say goodby, he had already packed and wanted to get half the ride back to Ohio done yet that day. The camera guy was leaving early in the morning to do a catfish show in Tenessee. Maybe they all work that hard.

I hope Larry is having fun and making a good living doing his show. 

Bobber Down Guide Service
(715) 776-0140
10/21/19 @ 8:20 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

New Mexico ... here's the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpYM-GywopE

10/21/19 @ 7:56 AM
skarbo1
User since 2/3/05

"He was in Colo. and IF anyone thinks THAT is elk hunting your in for a BIG surprise... it was most likely in a elk farm..  PAY to PLAY !" 

It was in New Mexico and it was a guided,not a canned,hunt.......

10/21/19 @ 6:23 AM
Fishn Jimmy
Fishn Jimmy
MEMBER since 7/21/01

He was in Colo. and IF anyone thinks THAT is elk hunting your in for a BIG surprise... it was most likely in a elk farm..  PAY to PLAY !

10/20/19 @ 7:30 PM
darrink
User since 4/13/03

Does anyone know where Larry was elk hunting a few weeks ago.  

10/20/19 @ 3:44 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

really enjoyed the Wings Over Wisconsin segment,  great to see the kids out there with mentors/parents... that turd orourke should watch this kind of stuff before spouting off about taking your guns away 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 252 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.