LOGIN
Lake-Link

Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 5:56 AM
ORIGNAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 243 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 4:44 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

really enjoyed the Wings Over Wisconsin segment,  great to see the kids out there with mentors/parents... that turd orourke should watch this kind of stuff before spouting off about taking your guns away 

TODAY @ 6:30 AM
CHARIPAR BROS.
CHARIPAR BROS.
User since 6/16/08

This was on the back of the bathroom door in our hotel room...had to share  

10/9/19 @ 9:10 PM
beer bum
User since 1/9/19

Larry and Lightning Lance guided for my dad and I on Winnebago last winter.  Great trip and learned a lot.  Treated very well.  Had a keeper walleye get off at the hole while Larry was checking on us.  He almost crawled down the hold trying to grab it.  Very happy with his service, will do it again.  

Don't know where the two-faced stuff comes from.  But since there was no explanation or follow-up, going to take it with a grain of salt...….

10/7/19 @ 7:29 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

the comments on the bear hunt... I've never considered it or know much about it at all... but any bear hunting I've seen usually involved bait or hounds... except for on Mountain Men one of their guys does hunts for brown bears by scouting ahead, locating an acceptable size bear, then stalking it with his client

maybe bear hunting is what it is, in most cases hunting over bait or hounds???

10/7/19 @ 7:04 AM
fredeye
MEMBER since 1/5/10

ran into him on devils lake ND a couple years ago, he's a 2 face fake

10/6/19 @ 11:39 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

The hounds find the bears; let the dogs shoot the bears. THAT would be a sport! 

My point was not only using the hounds. It was MULTIPLE baits sites, MULTIPLE guys in vehicles with radio and cell phone contact, MULTIPLE trail cams.

What hunting did the hunters do?

10/6/19 @ 9:03 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I think shooting over bait in this case is acceptable... for the shooters,  the challenge is just to be doing that hunt, imo ... and thanks should be given to all the folks donating their time to get them out there... 

10/6/19 @ 8:47 PM
Dirty Jim
User since 2/25/14

U guys who say this is not hunting have no idea what it takes to successfully train a pack of bear dogs. Most houndmen are far better woodsman than your average hunter. That's a fact! 

10/6/19 @ 7:19 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

I agree. Sitting in a tree over a barrel of bait isn’t really hunting either.  It’s harvesting. 

10/6/19 @ 11:32 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

MY OPINION...that's not "hunting". They had multiple vehicles, multiple bait sites with cameras,  walkie-talkies and cell phones for communication between those vehicles, hounds that search for the bears. 

The guys wait to hear the hounds when they tree a bear, THEN they go and shoot the bear in the tree. 

I am not anti-hunting by any means, but that isn't sporting OR hunting. Again, my opinion. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 243 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.