MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Lake NAMEKAGON

2/5/20 @ 2:20 PM
INITIAL POST
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Couple of friends and I rented a cabin up here for a week in July. Just wondering how the fishing is this time of year? We are going for crappies. I know the warm weather Is not the best time to fish for crappies. We will also be looking for walleyes if the crappies are not cooperating. If somebody could tell me where to start hunting for these crappies this time of year would be great.

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
6/30/20 @ 12:07 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

westfield you have mail

6/30/20 @ 11:14 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Thanks Musky Ben for your info 

6/30/20 @ 10:55 AM
Musky Ben
User since 3/13/02

westfieldW:

Water clarity will have two components right now...  You're looking at a period right now where NW WI has been getting rain and by rain, I mean inches over the last few days.  You might want to check with some weather info from that area.  I know to the SW some there's been 8" so far!!!

That said, runoff in many Northwoods lakes comes from swampy type areas.  And along with that it can be really tannic water!!!  Tannins are what gives a lot of our water up here its brown tint.  But it can be clear and it can be turbid containing particles from the runoff.  I am in the Minocqua area and while we've had rain and our water is brownish in tint, its pretty clear.  

I've been on Namekagon, but its been a really long time ago.  I know its the headwaters of the Namekagon River, but I don't know how any water get in from the surrounding area and don't have time to look, so that one's on you.  Good luck, spend some time at Lakewoods and eat their brunch if they are having it at this time, its phenomenal!!!

Musky Ben 

6/30/20 @ 10:32 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

fishicot thanks for your reply. Fishing hot spots maps are good for use as base Maps all the hot spots and most of the information they put on there is very old. As far as I know that they do not update their maps at all the map you bought in 1986 is the same as today in 2020. Water clarity I do not believe that is on the maps even if it is that information would be old. Also a water clarity can change I am looking for someone who was out there recently that could let me know how clean the water is I was thinking of bringing my underwater camera I just don't bring it if the water is dirty.

6/30/20 @ 8:20 AM
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

Fishing Hot Spots sells paper maps that should provide you that and other information which should prove useful.  Even though I have lake maps on my locator I still carry paper ones to give me the big picture.

6/30/20 @ 7:18 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Getting close to my trip on NAMEKAGON could somebody please let me know what the clarity of the water is in this lake? I'm trying to figure out what to line to spool on my reels.

2/15/20 @ 2:30 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Cool Thanks chaw

2/15/20 @ 1:42 PM
chaw
chaw

Westfield you can pull up on Della Island on Garden Lake. I think that’s your best bet for a shore lunch. 

2/15/20 @ 9:47 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Could someone please tell me is there some remote areas on this Lake where you could stop and have a Shore lunch.

2/6/20 @ 5:47 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

12packabs You have some good points. I was actually considering this but my buds are usually short on cash. But I will hit them up with this idea and see if it flies.

2/5/20 @ 8:05 PM
chaw
chaw

Westfield you have mail

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE