MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Lake Link Website Issues and Improvements

10/23/21 @ 7:20 PM
INITIAL POST
Nick Schumacher
Nick Schumacher
User since 1/10/05

I wasn't sure where to create this topic as there was no spot that fit the bill, so I'm putting it here in fishing general. I wanted to create an area where Lake Link users can share feedback on the website.

For me personally, there are a few things I'd like to mention.

The first is that Lake Link refuses to remember my username and password, even when I check the box telling it to remember me. This has nothing to do with my browser and it's settings, either. I have to enter it every single day. Can this please be addressed?

Second, we can no longer search through photos and videos in the media section. In the past, we could search photos by fish species, angler name, and other variables. Can this please be brought back? That was a great feature.

Third, can certain fishing topics be consolidated, specifically the redundant lake threads under each state? There are duplicate topics since some website users didn't locate the original lake thread. This is the kind of organization and general maintenance that admins should be doing - keeping things cleaned up. Certain topics need to have their titles edited, too, to create consistency.

That's it for starters. The issues I mentioned above have been going on for some years now, ever since they changed the website back then. I've been a user since 2005 or so.

Thank you.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
12/7/21 @ 10:03 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

A while back I noticed that if you scroll back far enough you run into the no posts to display message. This happens on both fishing reports and forum topics. I don’t know how far date wise you need to go back to hit that message. You can circumvent that by using the options box and choosing a time frame to display which will then bring up those old posts. I wonder what the reason for that change is. Maybe has to do with data storage capabilities of the websites equipment. 

12/7/21 @ 7:03 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Some threads come up and you can go past page 1 

...but there's others that indicate more than one page ...but if you try to go past page one ....you get a message saying sorry there's no more posts to display

...for example,  the Pearl Harbor thread

https://www.lake-link.com/forums/general-discussion/why-was-the-pearl-harbor-thread-removed/28681/

12/7/21 @ 11:53 AM
nihsif
nihsif

FIXED!

12/4/21 @ 9:47 AM
nihsif
nihsif

FYI: on my PC, top right where the user name is displayed between the "person" icon and settings gear icon....

on my PC it is showing some other user's name... when I click on the user name ( manage account), it brings up my information

on my phone, it shows my avatar and brings up My Account for me

11/9/21 @ 12:59 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

It's annoying to only see 10 posts per page. Other forums I'm on you can see 50. You cannot reply to a specific post like I can on other forums too. This creates a chain of responses which is easier to follow.

11/9/21 @ 10:57 AM
mac da gaff
mac da gaff
PRO MEMBER User since 9/23/01

I really dislike the feature that you need to be excepted in order to contact some one with an answer to a question via messenger.

I have tried to help others here but by the time you get the message it is old news.

Sorry if someone gets their feelings hurt now and then but get over it! 

Maybe I'm too insensitive?      Get over it Cream Puff!

Mac

11/8/21 @ 10:35 PM
machoprogrammer
User since 1/19/07

Some threads have missing posts. They show 8 pages, but all of them are blank

11/3/21 @ 6:55 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

My red messenger in upper right hand corner never tells me I have a message. Sometimes it shows a #1 momentarily but goes back to regular. 

11/2/21 @ 8:21 PM
Joe D
Joe D
PRO MEMBER User since 3/21/05

One big improvement would be to get rid of the Iherman saltwater posts

10/25/21 @ 10:26 AM
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
PRO MEMBER User since 5/17/01

Just to address this we are going through another "redesign". We will be recruiting people for a beta preview this time. I like to have this thread for feedback and suggestions as we are looking to roll out the new design close to the first of the year.

10/24/21 @ 9:29 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

The 'block user' function doesn't work either.

10/24/21 @ 8:20 AM
nihsif
nihsif

there is another thread, and maybe more, on this topic

here is one https://www.lake-link.com/forums/general-discussion/ll-website-issues/130020/

it's good to give feedback, I agree... you can also go down to the bottom of the page and under Lake-Link there it as Contact Us...

link: https://www.lake-link.com/contact-us/

doing the cleanup is a massive administrative undertaking, and I agree it is important, but Lake-Link has limited resources ...but I know Steve and Darin try to accommodate when a user has a problem

...I would make a suggestion to clear cookies and cache, and be sure you don't have "remove cookies" when closing browser, or similar item turned on... just  a suggestion... good luck

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE