USER SINCE 7/23/03

john has a great show...

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 5,728 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/11/21 @ 5:21 PM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

FishNHunt, You r not in charge of everyone’s lives. People who follow the law as it is written do not need to be harassed by people with their own agenda. What are you doing to change the laws as they are? I would guess not much.

10/11/21 @ 4:23 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

fishnhunt do you have to put your real name and address or could you write "anonymous" or something like that?

10/11/21 @ 3:09 PM
fishnhunt14
USER SINCE 4/17/07

My main concern is the amount of fish their clients take out of the system that without the guide, most likely would still be swimming. If he takes 3 people in the morning and 3 in the afternoon and they all get limits, that is 90 fish per day for the clients. 

I see guides in the winter with air boats who take out 12+ people, all keeping fish. Day after day until they fish an area out then onto the next spot. 

I was going to submit a proposal to the conservation congress for rule change - guided trips are catch and release only, not allowed to keep fish. I think a majority of the people across the state would support it. Guides would hate it, some of them would probably go out of business. The reason I didn't send it in was you need to submit your name and address on the proposal and I don't feel comfortable doing that. If it were to pass I don't need angry guides knowing where my family lives. 

10/11/21 @ 12:49 PM
CCLUND
USER SINCE 5/29/11

A guide had better not catch his limit and give it away twice a day. That is called double dipping.

10/11/21 @ 7:42 AM
fishnhunt14
USER SINCE 4/17/07

It shows like this that make me want a rule change for fishing guides to only be able to catch and release. All they care about is limits, limits, limits. The guide on the show this week said he does two trips per day, so he can get more people through. How many thousands of fish does this one guide take out every year? There are a dozen or more other guides who operate on this same stretch of river that all take out thousands of panfish a year. 

Guides who take out clients for limits of panfish are the equivalent of commercial fisherman, in my opinion. 

9/25/21 @ 11:44 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
MEMBER SINCE 12/25/01

Big Dave fishing the Wisconsin river. 

Always a treat seeing Dave is still going strong. 

9/13/21 @ 1:36 PM
Larballslobasaurus
USER SINCE 4/8/17

Here is this weeks Lake Michigan harbor show on youtube (check out the 33.7 lb chinook @ 14:40)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUfgHAxZpu4

9/13/21 @ 12:30 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER SINCE 5/21/03

Mine taped that one, as well as the new one in the harbor fishing Kings.  Larry's Smith's show as in the harbor as well.

9/13/21 @ 10:31 AM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER SINCE 12/15/08

I’ve had no trouble recording the show on a weekly basis even after it’s gone to be on Bally sports rather than FS1. but this week the DVR recorded the show on Oconomowoc lake where he had the hurt nose,which is an old one, anybody else experience that? 

9/9/21 @ 3:27 PM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

Always a great show!!!! Get the frail Pete!!' Are the Clements ready Swede ?

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 5,728 POSTS
Advertise here
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
The head, body and goose-feather accents of each jig are entirely purple and enhanced with Ultra Glow technology, which holds a charge for as many as 15 minutes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: VMC - NEW Glow Purple Tungsten Fly and Bullfly Jigs
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.