USER SINCE 7/23/03

john has a great show...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,718 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/16/21 @ 4:01 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER SINCE 5/11/03

They were catching a bunch of perch on Winnebago today, nice show. One funny note, when showing the weekly fish caught John says here's a nice pike boated from bla bla bla....the guy in the pic is sitting on the ice in a bunch of snow.

10/13/21 @ 8:12 PM
Timmothy A
USER SINCE 5/17/09

I find fishing the Mississippi a real challenge, I've camped at Merrick 3 times.   We did crush the perch and gils in Keisselhorst Bay once, like it was a dream, but never again in there for myself or friends over the years.  Vince sure has it dialed in in that pool.   

10/13/21 @ 7:08 PM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

Great show!!! 

10/13/21 @ 5:58 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER SINCE 6/14/05
well...fishnhunt14 you need to "man up"....I mean it is your opinion and you won't sign it with your name....anonymous LOL...what a bunch of cowards....if you have an opinion own it....I really doubt a guide is gonna come for your family....you watch too much TV soy boy

10/12/21 @ 9:11 PM
Timmothy A
USER SINCE 5/17/09

Yes the single biggest issue with fish management is possession limit violations.  There simply is no way to fight it.

10/12/21 @ 1:56 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09

Honestly I think the possession limit violations is a far bigger issue.  Tough one to prove.  And for the people who skirt the rule by giving away their fish, even worse.

My barstool opinion is that the daily limits are reduced more so to keep the possession limit violators at bay.  People are less likely to violate the daily limit so reduce what they take each day basically.  People just want to tell their friends they got their limit.  Its a weird bragging thing.  Doesn't matter the size, as long as its the limit.  

10/12/21 @ 8:19 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER SINCE 6/15/01

one contrary point is how it gets said that this is affecting the resource... it's dangerous and has to be contained.... and yet...it's been going on for decades.... something doesn't add up...

and no mention of how the 50 fish limit got reduced to 25 and in some cases 10... in other words, the DNR is doing their job

10/12/21 @ 6:53 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
USER SINCE 3/23/20

Yah I used to be a limit fisherman but then I realized the affect on the spots i was fishing and I totally agree with fishhunt. I ice fish the Mississippi alot and the guides fly by your shanty with there airboat or hovercrafts multiple times then when it's slow there fishing right on top where I am fishing probably why the bag limit went to 15 which probably should be 10 think about it 10 11" -12" perch is plenty plus a few gills. If your a once a year couch fisherman then a guide makes sense. But the whole point is hunt down the fish yourself I've never used a guide it takes all the fun/sport out of it. It's just like hunting you got to put the time in to get results. 

10/11/21 @ 11:21 PM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER SINCE 12/15/08

FH, ever consider that not everybody wants to own a $40,000.00 boat? Or any boat in general? so they hire a guide to take them out the few times they want to go........are they supposed to pay $400 and not keep their fish?

10/11/21 @ 9:46 PM
Timmothy A
USER SINCE 5/17/09

I don't fish for walleyes.  I'd like to get a guide to take me out to catch them and you are darn tooting right I'm gonna take my limit home and fry them.  I'd like to get a guide and catch a bunch of jumbo perch, just like John did.  I however would only be trophy fishing, I have an adequate number of perch in the freezer already.  My point is let the customer decide how many to keep.  And in the end, most competent freezer filling fishermen are not going to get a guide anyway.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,718 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.