Myboyz
Myboyz
USER SINCE 12/27/16

I miss PBR me ASAP!

6/21/21 @ 9:50 AM
kmanster
kmanster
USER SINCE 7/5/06

I will admit it as well....John's dialogue and phrases can get annoying.  I do appreciate the show and just turn the volume down :)  Tight lines everyone.

6/21/21 @ 8:35 AM
MuskyManiac5
MuskyManiac5
USER SINCE 4/20/07

I watch it every weekend and I know what you mean, that it is getting harder and harder to watch.  John hasn't changed but I think it's him that's getting annoying.  It is his show, but he is constantly talking it seams nobody can get a word in, using the same phrases, repeating questions to the guides, yelling at guests to hold up their fish, and lately he seams to be cutting himself on every show.  His bleeding arm was all over his clothes by the end of the show.  He needs to retire and give the show to Blake.

6/21/21 @ 7:53 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER SINCE 6/15/01

I think part of "more difficult to watch" is all the complaining here... makes you aware of things that wouldn't normally bother you, just part of life, but now you know someone is going to complain about it... subtle, but I think it matters

6/20/21 @ 8:38 PM
Eyehunter77
USER SINCE 2/22/11

I can’t watch Gillespie or Smith anymore. Used to look forward to Saturday morning, but not anymore.

6/20/21 @ 2:54 PM
Goalie Dad
Goalie Dad
USER SINCE 9/13/20

I can't pinpoint why, but the show is getting more and more difficult to watch.

However, I'll continue to watch since that's one of the first things Ive been doing on Saturday AMs for as long as I remember. Something has changed, and no, its not Blake. She's fine. 

6/19/21 @ 7:10 PM
budman1987
USER SINCE 1/19/03

"Just hold that 1 up don't bother taking the hook out" ....my my once said is enough

6/16/21 @ 7:06 AM
Timmothy A
USER SINCE 5/17/09

John and Blake usually do a few solo trips every summer, trips to Big Cedar come to mind.  I watch more for the guides than John or Blake, they are the vehicles that get us to see the guides.  John does have a deadly crisp jigging cadence that I can only dream of.  (I'm not a jigging guy) 

6/15/21 @ 8:39 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER SINCE 12/19/10

I record Gillespie every week but it’s getting pretty tough to watch. I felt awkward watching the last one for sure, the guy wouldn’t talk even when asked a question and when the lady caught a fish Josh jumps in front of her holding her fish and all you see is the top of her head. I can appreciate having new or upcoming guides on the show to promote them but Maina, Manthei, Tiegan and others are pretty well established guides so can’t John fish on his own? It seems after 40+ years he doesn’t have a ton of fishing knowledge. I still watch but usually zip through the episode pretty quick. 

6/15/21 @ 8:20 AM
MuskyManiac5
MuskyManiac5
USER SINCE 4/20/07

Gillespie's show is all about plugging his sponsors while they are fishing.  Granted, it's the sponsors that pay him, but I think it gets a little excessive and obvious while they are fishing.  Other shows I have watched will take a break maybe in a different segment and explain the equipment, line, and lures they are using, which is their time for plugging the sponsors.  It's true Gillespie uses the same lures/plastics in every show.  It would be nice if they tried different lures and explain their use/success, but it's only about the sponsor.

Maybe they should hold a screen test for their winners before they appear on their show,   .

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,625 POSTS
Advertise here
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Heading off on a solo adventure? A brief adventure with a pal? The Grizzly 15 is perfect for personal use or for shorter adventures. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly 15 Personal Cooler
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.