bubba the catfish
User since 7/23/03

john has a great show...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,577 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/5/20 @ 7:13 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

Jcc....I too stayed on Portage Lake when I was a kid (1940’s). We caught huge walleye’s and northern pike. The water was really cold in July yet. We stayed in Chassell.

7/5/20 @ 7:30 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I bet the next time Blake goes out on Lake Michigan, she has long pants on, she was getting bit up pretty good by them bloodthirsty flies that live out there... they bite right thru your socks!

pretty cool on that restaurant that will cook your fresh fish if you bring them in cleaned, for $11/plate...

coho salmon " the best tasting fish in lake Michigan"... lol

7/4/20 @ 8:37 AM
jcc
User since 4/6/14

I used to stay at a cabin on Portage lake every summer as a kid.Besides walleyes this lake had huge Northerners,Small Mouth bass,Perch,and Crappie.Good show by Gillespie.

6/29/20 @ 9:57 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

There are cabins for rent in Chassell, but I cannot remember the name. Do a search on the internet as they have a website. Portage Lake is good for smallmouth and giant pike too.

6/29/20 @ 7:31 PM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER since 12/15/08

It was my assumption the way they talked it was a day trip. Drove up in the morning, drove home in the late afternoon....

6/29/20 @ 6:54 PM
BadgerRedd
User since 3/11/07

Any idea as to if they stayed at a resort on the lake in the U.P.? If so, what resort? Looked peaceful with plenty of action even if the walleyes were small.

6/29/20 @ 6:50 AM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

My guess would be Chassell Bay of Portage Lake. It could of been Torch, but I have never been on that lake. I fished Portage Lake when I was a kid and caught walleyes like that.

6/28/20 @ 12:47 PM
skz
skz
User since 2/19/05

I guess it's my turn to ask.  Any idea what lake John, Blake and Matty B were fishing in the Houghton-Hancock area of the UP last week?  It looked like a nice area with little boat traffic. 

Thanks,

SKZ

6/21/20 @ 11:04 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

The show with the big smallies in Vilas....I don't recognize that lake at all. I would have to guess the Nicolet/Chequamagon National Forest area or somewhere up by Boulder Junction. 

What a lake though. Those are some tanks. Great show. 

6/21/20 @ 9:41 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

nice show with Josh T. fishing the lakes around Iron River... some pretty little lakes! Gills really had big infestations of black spot... theoretically harmless... but I'll pass... was some impressive size gills!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,577 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.