USER SINCE 7/23/03

john has a great show...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,602 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 1:31 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

Gotabite, I had a similar experience with Big Dave.  We fished a split shot, hook and half a crawler the entire time.  He put us on some walleyes (I think the three of us went home 1 short of our limit), and some crappies and bluegill in one spot.  That was interesting catching those fish with all the tour boats cruising right by us!  He said as the boat traffic picks up the fishing gets better because they actually let more water down the dam when the tour boats start.  I found that to be interesting! In most places, the more boat traffic the fish just shut down, or go real deep.  I love fishing simple like that.  I catch bluegills all the time on the Madison chain with just a hook and split shot and white bass on the wolf, same thing. It just works!  I'd love to hire him again sometime and fish the night bite by the dam. I've seen him do that with Gillespie some times.

TODAY @ 10:56 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER SINCE 6/15/01

was great to see Big Dave is back and guiding again... hope the surgery holds...great guy

TODAY @ 10:20 AM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
USER SINCE 5/31/02

It hurt ME to see Blake get drilled in the ear by John. She's such a nice young person, I adore her.

Me? I drilled a buddy of mine in the neck with a Bagley's imitation crawfish crankbait one time, and one other time I wrapped a Bagley's Diving B 3 around my mother's neck several times. Nobody has ever drilled me with a hook, somewhat miraculously.

TODAY @ 8:17 AM
GotABite
USER SINCE 8/7/07

Goalie Dad, I have fished with big Dave several times. Mostly on the Wisconsin river and once on Lake Wisconsin, he is a Hell of a fisherman !! He is beyond humble, he is a split shot and hook guy most of the times. Wacky worms occasionally. there is nothing fancy about him. I remember on the toughest days we would get back to the dock at days end when everyone else did poorly and we came in with a 3 man limit. Most importantly it was his fishing stories and great conversation that I remember about him. Poor guy had a bad streak of bad health. I hope to get back in the boat with him soon!

5/16/21 @ 9:30 PM
Goalie Dad
Goalie Dad
USER SINCE 9/13/20

I'd love to fish with Big Dave. He would be fun to be with. 

5/15/21 @ 11:31 PM
The_mystery
USER SINCE 1/15/21

Nice to see big Dave back. Sounds like he had a stroke since last being on the show. He’s definitely had some health issues. Glad he’s still able to get on the water. 

5/8/21 @ 6:56 AM
rikj
rikj
USER SINCE 7/29/01

Felt bad for Blake with the hook in the ear. Surprised it has not happened more often filming the show. John really struggles removing hooks from a fish and I have noticed many times after a good deal of twisting and poking he will hand the fish over to someone else while still hooked. He could defiantly use a forceps or some other type of removal tool. A few weeks ago when trying to unhook  crappies he reminded me of the dentist that torqued on one of my wisdom teeth for over an hour trying to remove it  

Crappie and bass with Matty B in Southern Wi this weeks show.......

JG and Pete Pete Pete's boat trailers came in Thursday so the new boats should be ready to go soon.

As JG always says at the end of the show "That's the fine life, baby"

5/5/21 @ 1:22 PM
Skippppy
USER SINCE 5/5/21

Hooked my finger with a musky lure, THROUGH THE FINGERNAIL.

We were landing the fish in the cradle, and went to remove the fish and it head shook.   I got the front treble in my thumb, and back set were in the fish.  Cut the hooks off, which as you cut through sent a shockwave of pain through my hand.

I now have sterile and clean side-cutters and plyers in a ziplock in the tackle box now.  Suprized I did not get tetnis from the pair we used to cut the barb.

5/4/21 @ 9:52 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER SINCE 9/6/13

This comes to mind!

5/4/21 @ 4:09 PM
Bug zapper 2
USER SINCE 10/7/18

Isn’t that like a 20 footer they fish out of.Not enough room? True there is a camera man too.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,602 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.